It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2008, 12:38 PM   #1
(female)

hondurancutie HB User
Im new here because i NEED you

Okay so they deleted my one post and iuno maybe my other one too because i can not find it!

My background:
I am here because i am SO scared. I am 20 years old, I just went to the gyno the second time in august, i was still 19 atm. The first time i was 15 and i went because i was raped- everything came back normal as far as i kno, after that i was quite traumatized and i only went back because my man was nervous of my pain during intercourse. I am on Adderal and rapidly loosing weight- due to that she found out that i have a cyst the size of a walnut in my right ovary. She also found that i had chlamydia which she gave medication for my man and i {i believe i got it when i was about 16 and a half i was with this guy who cheated- a lot, after him every b/f i slept with got this bump on their lower eyelid and never really thought about it my doctor said its from the chlamydia} LAST but not least she found abnormal cells in my cervix. I am scared to death!

CURRENTLY-
I have a cervical biopsy scheduled on the 25th, She switched her day off to wensday and now i cant go with my man, so my friend and i are going and.. i am so nervous. I know it will hurt a lot. I know it will and i just.. i wanna know how to be prepared. I know she said something with precancerous cells but the moment that she said abnormal cells.. the rest was like a blur- u kno? like i have NO clue what happened after that except that she said she has to take a part out of my cervix.

Okay so questions i have-
Do i definitely have HPV?
Can they get rid of it?
Can my man be tested? treated? W/O insurance or papers in america?
Is there anything i can do to make it not hurt so much?
Is that the reason why my hair is so thin?
If i ever can get pregnant will my child have HPV?
Is it worse if u have to get a biopsy? My cousin got diagnosed last august with HPV and they told her she wont have to have it monitored until 2009 but NEVER had to do a biopsy, does that mean mine is worse?
How do i tell my mother {a cancer survior/ health freak-fanatic} and father?

pretty pretty please with sugar on top HELPME
anything you can say or any advice u have, i appreciate it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2008, 09:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Im new here because i NEED you

Oh my. Let me see if I can help.

The pain with intercourse could very likely be the chlymidia or the ovarian cyst. Did they tell you what type of cyst you have?

What type of biopsy is she going to do? colposcopy with a biopsy of your exocervix? a LEEP? a cold knife cone biopsy? will it be done in her office or as an out-patient?

Precancerous cells *are* abnormal cells. Do you have CIN1, CIN2, or CIN3, or did she use other terms to descrive it?

I HIGHLY recommend you ask for copies of your pathology reports. I also suggest you write a list of questions and take it to your doctor's appointment. Leave room to write the answers. This will help you ask her everything you want to know.

Since you have precancerous cells, it is almost certain you have high risk HPV. The doctor might be able to remove all of the precancerous cells, but it is also possible that you can develop more later (same strain of HPV or a different strain).

The pap is only a screening tool. Biopsies are done to determine what is going on (with the dysplasia or abnormal pap).

There is not test for men for high risk HPV, documented citizen or not.

Quote:
Is there anything i can do to make it not hurt so much?
Is that the reason why my hair is so thin?
Make what not hurt? intercourse? the biopsy?
There could be MANY reasons your hair is thin. It could be meds you are taking, other underlying medical concerns (thyroid comes to mind), stress, hormone fluctuation.

I highly recommend you go to the website for the Center for Disease Control and read what it says about HPV. It will help you better understand what is going on.

I hope this helps.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:47 PM   #3
(female)

hondurancutie HB User

THANK YOU so much for replying!!
Did they tell you what type of cyst you have? Something that grows a few cysts and then some/most or sometimes ALL pop right around my period and thats why my period is irregular.. no biggie, she said that + the chlamydia are the pain and now that the chlamydia is cured {although damage has been done } the pain is subsiding, last night it didnt hurt at all!

"What type of biopsy is she going to do? colposcopy with a biopsy of your exocervix? a LEEP? a cold knife cone biopsy? will it be done in her office or as an out-patient?" Its a Colposcopy, out patient but she really wasnt very discriptive or she was and i was just.. devastated. edit: i was just thinkin about that and it is kinda both.. being a Phlebotomist out patients in my world are patients who arent being checked into a hospital which anyone coming into a gyno office or blood lab would be, her building is behind the hospital and has 2 or 3 offices in it, her's aswell as Quest Diagnostics and someplace else from my understanding the 'someplace else' is still part of her office and thats where i will be going to have the colposcopy done

"Precancerous cells *are* abnormal cells. Do you have CIN1, CIN2, or CIN3, or did she use other terms to descrive it?" I dont remember her saying anything of those terms or even saying more then that they were precancerous... then again, i was in kind of a daze

"Make what not hurt?" the biopsy itself, she hasnt said anything to me about how to prepare or ANYTHING... i heard from a friend im supposed to take 2 ibprofen and that i may bleed after for like a week and cant use tampons

Thank you so much, SO SO MUCH
i appreciate your help greatly!!

Last edited by hondurancutie; 09-23-2008 at 09:56 AM.

Old 10-12-2008, 12:45 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Drafly HB User

Whether or not you have HPV will need to be determined through HPV testing which, if you do have it can differentiate and provide info on just what strain of the virus you have. There are over 100 different strains of HPV.

You cannot get "rid" of HPV. A virus uses your own cells to replicate and can remain dormant for years without symptoms.

Unless your man has an obvious lesion, there is nothing to test. There is no blood test to test for HPV it requires biopsy and typing of the tissue removed.

During childbirth, HPV can be passed through the childs mouth and throat. My daughter was just fine but sometimes a C-section will be done.

Your cousin may have been diagnosed with "warts" which are caused by HPV strains 6 and 11. Usually a biopsy isn't done in that case but in my opinion, a biopsy should always be done along with specific HPV type testing. It doesn't necessarily indicate yours is worse than your cousins. In my opinion you have a more thorough and cautious physician.

As to how you tell your parents, this is very personal and I can't comment.

I have had HPV since 1987. It has affected every portion of my genital tract, cervix, vagina, vulava, perianal and anal area and now, the rectum as well. If you have any other questions I'd be happy to try and answer them for you.

Closed Thread