It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2008, 01:24 AM   #1
(female)

Vividangel1984 HB User
Sharing soap and towels

I never really thought about this but I still live with my parents. My parents have their own bathroom which they share. Me and my brother use the other bathroom and we both share the bar of soap in there. We have for quite a while and now that I think about it I'm kinda scared that I could infect him that way. Can you spread genital warts through a bar of soap? Also, we share towels but only after they are washed and dried in the machine. I basically keep the dirt towels I use in my room and wash them after I'm done. But about a week ago there was a hurricane so we all had to share towels without washing them first. Now I'm freaking out about that. Anyone able to help me out with this? I know it sounds ridiculous but with my luck anything is possible.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:53 AM   #2
(female)

templedoll HB User
Re: Sharing soap and towels

I think we can become quite paranoid about such things. When ever possible it is best to use your own soap and towels. However once the towels are washed they would be fine. How do you think hotels would cope if they had to chuck out towels when there guests have stayed. With genital warts they are a sexually transmitted disease.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2008, 05:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Sharing soap and towels

I have no clue. That is a great question to ask your doctor!

Closed Thread