It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2008, 09:32 PM   #1
(female)

tanya81 HB User
Unhappy Biopsy done

Well my biopsy was done today. I'm so grateful its over and done with. However, i couldnt get anyone to come with me. I felt so alone. I needed someone there for emotional support. I was scared and nervous. I ended up crying during the whole procedure. And whats worse is the nurse practitioner didnt seem to care and was in a rush so i couldnt ask any questions that I had. So i feel just as confused and uneasy about this whole hpv/biopsy thing as when i first went in the office. I dont know what was wrong with me, i've been a basket case the whole day. Even after the biopsy i was still crying. I'm usually not such a big baby. Maybe its just been too much stress lately and i needed to let it out, but why couldnt i get one person to come with me. Now i know who i can count on. Just me, myself, and i.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:03 AM   #2
(female)

Bwarr005 HB User
Re: Biopsy done

Well I am sorry that you had to go through that by yourself. I am lucky, never friday I have to have one done and my friend is coming with me... it will be a little weird but i know it will be worth having her there... just realize that it it makes you stronger by crying and going through this situation even if it is alone. Its hard but there is a light at the end of the tunnel... I am using the cream and it seems like i get a new wart every day.. and I just started a new relationship and the guy knows about my HPV but not the warts... so I am a basket case too because of that.. i feel as if the word
"wart" is so disgusting and sounds trashy... i am so scared about him finding out about the warts and being turned away. But... i feel you on being a basket case in general.. and again, I am sorry you had to go through it alone but atleast you have us on the message boards..i think i would be an even bigger basket case if it werent for yall's support!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2008, 01:14 PM   #3
(female)

andiesq70 HB User

I'm so sorry Tanya and I know how you feel. My husband is military and was gone to Iraq all last year, in the summer we (my children and I) moved to our new base he would be coming to upon returning. Well, I had to have my biopsy in September and had to go alone also. I cried before going, when I was there and after------thankfully my doctor was more caring than that rude nurse practitioner you had but my heart was heavy and it was and is all so overwhelming. My next biopsy, done a couple of months ago----my husband is gone again so I went by myself but it was not near as bad, but still difficult. My husband would loved to have been there for support but like you said it boils down to self reliance and we are here for you! Bwarr summed it up great, I was and still can be a mess but the boards have helped and I'm thankful to everyone here!
When will you get the results from your biopsy?

Old 09-26-2008, 02:09 PM   #4
(female)

tanya81 HB User
Smile Re: Biopsy done

I will get my results next week. I am glad I have you all to share my feelings with. Its nice to know that I'm not alone in the way I feel and what is going on with me physically. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. I dont want to have another one (biopsy) done.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:20 PM   #5
(female)

andiesq70 HB User

Good luck! And keep us posted!

Old 09-26-2008, 05:40 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

I don't know how I missed this thread! I'm sorry I didn't post any earlier!

Tanya, I'm sorry you feel so alone. Unfortunately, I know how you feel. I went for my colpo/biopsy/ECC by myself, too. I probably would have had to have gone to my cone biopsy by myself if it hadn't been mandatory for someone to go with me. My diagnosis phase (all of the spring of this year) was a VERY alone time for me. I also felt very out of control because my body was doing things I couldn't control (ie growing cancer). :sigh: I'm glad I am past that time now.

I know it is difficult. Take it one day at a time. If one day is too long, take it minute by minute. You WILL make it through this. You will be stronger for it, too! Know that we are here for you.

Closed Thread