It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2008, 03:44 AM   #1
(female)

tiggy44 HB User
ugh

Im still confused.feb 08 high risk positive. If all my tests are normal and i dont have to go back for a yr, biopsy normal, pap normal,no signs of cancer, how concerned should i be?

Last edited by tiggy44; 09-26-2008 at 03:46 AM. Reason: forgot words

Old 09-26-2008, 12:57 PM   #2
(female)

andiesq70 HB User
Re: ugh

Hi Tiggy, from what I've read even if your HPV test showed you are High Risk but your pap and other tests are normal then they will recommend that you be retested in 12 months. So I think that is great news that all your tests were normal!
It is said just because you have HPV does not mean you have or will get cervical cancer.
There is still so much I don't understand myself but I know the boards have helped me tremendously (to learn and for support) and there are some very knowledgeable people here, hopefully if I am wrong or there is more info. out there they will chime in.

Last edited by andiesq70; 09-26-2008 at 01:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2008, 05:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Tiggy how old are you? That is a piece of the puzzle. Also, have you had a colposcopy and/or an ECC?

Whatever you do, since you have been diagnosed with high risk HPV don't EVER miss a pap. Be vigilant about keeping up with them. If cervical cancer is detected and treated early it has up to a 99% survival rate. (I believe that 1 percent is women who have never had paps).

Old 09-28-2008, 04:32 PM   #4
(female)

tiggy44 HB User

Im 42. Yes had a biopsy, coloscopy and scraping. All normal. No cancer cells. Go back to dr in a yr. Was diagnosed feb 08, had hpv test, pap normal, went again in two months still same. sent me for a coloscopy, tested a palup?? spelled wrong. Came back benign. so now what? can i relax? Or what? Been with my bf 2 yrs and plan on staying with him forever. also any symptoms ? like discharge or anything with hpv??

Old 09-28-2008, 08:04 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Did your doctor also do an ECC (endocervical curettage) when he/she did the colpo and took a polyp for testing? If he/she did, then your doctor's plan sounds reasonable (to me - but I am "just" a patient. ). If the doctor didn't do an ECC, then I HIGHLY recommend you ask for one. It is the only non-surgical way for a doctor to know what is in the cervical canal.

I had cervical cancer (adenocarcinoma Ia1) but had no symptoms. My cancer was diagnosed only because my regular doctor did the HPV test when she did my pap, and the gyn did the ECC when she did the colpo. If those two things hadn't been done, we wouldn't know about the cancer and it would still be growing inside of me.

I swear by the HPV/dna test for women over 30 and I swear by the ECC whenever a woman has a colpo.

Closed Thread