It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2008, 01:26 AM   #1
(female)

tanya81 HB User
Unhappy Leep

Well my biopsy results came back. They said I have precancerous cells and they want to do that LEEP procedure on me. I have to wait until after my period. So what does this mean? Does it mean I will be fine once they take out the precancerous cells? Will the HPV always stay with me or will that be done away with as well? I really hope this is the end of this rollercoaster ride. I desperatley want to get off. I've just been a huge basket case since they told me my pap was abnormal. I"m tired of worrying and crying. And I hate the fact that the clinic wont sit down with me and answer my questions. It doesnt make this whole process any easier. You all are all I have. Any help is welcomed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2008, 12:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Leep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanya81 View Post
Does it mean I will be fine once they take out the precancerous cells? Will the HPV always stay with me or will that be done away with as well?
I'm sorry to hear how difficult it is for you. It is absolutely possible that the LEEP will remove the cancerous cells. That's the good news. The bad news is once you have the virus, you will always have it. It is possible that your body can suppress it, but it is possible for it to be reactivated later in life. What that means is you need to be vigilant about ALWAYS getting your paps on time. Be proactive with your health.

Quote:
I hate the fact that the clinic wont sit down with me and answer my questions. It doesnt make this whole process any easier. You all are all I have. Any help is welcomed.
Can you make an appointment with the clinic just so you can talk to the doctor? If so, go in with a written list of questions. Be sure to leave space for the answers. You can also ask them where you can go online for reliable information (besides the Center for Disease Control - because that is a VERY good and reliable site). Knowledge is power. It also helps you feel a little more in control of a situation where you don't feel like you have any control.

Have you set your appointment for the LEEP? Are they going to do it in the office or as an outpatient? Whatever you do, make sure you don't plan anything for later that day. You'll want to go home and sleep a lot. And that is what your body needs, too.

Take care and check back with us.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread