It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2008, 03:39 AM   #1
(female)

yayahu HB User
Hpv

I am showing signs of hpv but I think it is still in its early stages cause I only have one wart, its not on my virginia and but next to it. I have never had it before and I have only one sexual partner, we started having unprotected sex in feb this year, is it possible that I had before or did he give it to me?

Old 10-07-2008, 05:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Hpv

You can get genital warts from any genital contact. It is transmitted by skin to skin contact. If you have had no other sexual contact with anyone else, then it is safe to assume he exposed you to the virus. It had to come from somewhere.

BUT if you've had some sort of genital contact prior to being with him, then it is possible that you were exposed then.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2008, 01:03 AM   #3
(female)

yayahu HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle Eyes View Post
You can get genital warts from any genital contact. It is transmitted by skin to skin contact. If you have had no other sexual contact with anyone else, then it is safe to assume he exposed you to the virus. It had to come from somewhere.

BUT if you've had some sort of genital contact prior to being with him, then it is possible that you were exposed then.
Ive been reading on the internet, that in women the symptoms show within 1 - 3mnths or even after 9mnths. I have been with my boyfriend for a year and 3 mnths now and I am only showing symptoms now.Is it possible that I could have still transferred to him??

Old 10-08-2008, 04:51 AM   #4
(female)

andiesq70 HB User

HPV can show weeks, months or years (in my case/I also had warts) after being in contact with an infected person. I'd been married for 16 years when I found out I had HPV (monogamous relationship) just to give you an idea what I mean----my husband has never had warts. It is hard to say who had it, you or your boyfriend, and passed it on. What you need to do know is get treatments and keep your immune system strong (diet, excercise, stress levels low, etc.).

Last edited by andiesq70; 10-08-2008 at 07:31 PM.

Closed Thread