It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2008, 08:56 AM   #1
(female)

SMMom HB User
Hpv

I have had two surgeries in the past eight months for lumps and bleeding on my anus. I just went for another check up and have been bleeding since my last surgery almost five months ago. I an a transplant patient and have concerns. The doctor said it was a virus and that there were more bumps and that I originally went to him for an anal discharge. I don't feel as if I have gone anywhere except deeper in the whole medically. Do I just ask my doctor or go somewhere else for a second opinon. I have lost faith in this mystery to me. Why can't he at least talk openly and honestly with me. The first time I had surgery is because he felt a lump. Three months later for my check-up he felt another lump but on the other side, more surgery. Now, he states that I have littler lumps and that's the cause for the bleeding and discharge. I can't keep on going in for surgery, I'm also a brittle diabetic and taking antirejection drugs. My body is straining me. Thank you for any help on this.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Hpv

Betty, my vote is to go to another doctor, in another practice. You don't have confidence in him. He isn't explaining things to you. You are stressed medically. Any one of those things is a good reason to get a second opinion. All 3 together . . . I'd be running to a new doctor!

I hope this gets settled!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2008, 07:27 PM   #3
(female)

rhiannon777 HB User
Re: Hpv

Being a transplant patient, you want to be extra sure about any diagnosis, since invasive procedures can leave your already-suppressed immune system open to infection. Plus, you don't want to miss the early signs of a correctable problem. I also think you should see a second doctor. There's no harm in it at all -- your first doctor doesn't have to know if you don't want him to, and you can always go back to him if you want. If this first guy isn't used to seeing immunosuppressed patients, maybe someone involved in the transplant unit would be a good choice.

Closed Thread