It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2008, 11:50 PM   #1
(female)

Laura93021 HB User
HPV 3 Shot Dose...Please Help....

I was firmly against the Gardisal shot because it is too new and the complications are not known except the following:

Birth defects
Miscarriage
Genital warts - even with no previous sexual activity (virgin)

I researched it because I felt this whole generation was being used as experiment rats. The hype is more promising than what the shot really does. I hope before people slam me they do the same months of research I did because it is really disheartening.

Last month my husband took my daughter for her physical and the HPV shot was given as a vaccine without informed consent being given by him. He was told she needed updates on vaccines and then when it was done he was given the paperwork.

My question is what are the complications if she does not receive the next 2 doses? They already fail to tell you that our daughters will need 2-5 boosters on this shot until they are 26. The shots don't cover all HPV forms, only a selected few.

They also forget to inform us that some of our girls who are virgins develope genital warts after getting the vaccine because they put that virus in their systems.

My daughter is not a guinea pig - she is a girl who's biggest dream is to become a mother. This shot may take that away from her.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:52 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Re: HPV 3 Shot Dose...Please Help....

You've brought up a lot of points, but I'm only going to comment on two.

One is that while it's true that the vaccine only protects against 4 strains, these 4 strains are responsible for about 70% of all cervical cancer cases of HPV and 90% of genital warts. Those are actually very good numbers considering there are over a hundred different strains.

As for "they put that virus in their systems", that's not correct, the vaccine does not contain the virus at all. Warts are definitely not a side effect of the vaccine (and I've never heard of the other two being side effects either, for that matter).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2008, 01:20 PM   #3
(female)

andiesq70 HB User

I totally agree with Thisby! I was wondering where you got the information on birth defects and miscarriages? I have HPV and have had continuing problems, my daughter and I chose to get her vaccinated (before I knew I had it) because we felt like it was the best choice for us. Of course some people do have side effects and it's hard to predict whether it will happen or not. I've never heard of the vaccine being given to update shots for young women and would be very upset if that had happened to my daughter without me being informed. Hopefully you will find some answers and do what your family feels is best for your daughter. Good luck.

Last edited by andiesq70; 10-11-2008 at 07:46 PM.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User

Hi just want to add my comments, if you do some searching on 'GOOD' reputable sites you can find letters from mothers, grand mothers and daughters all who have had this vaccination and HAVE problems!!! You can even see on one site the number of adverse effects reported. Here in the Uk we are using a different vaccine ....ours covers against 2 strains, the vaccine used in Usa, Canada and Australia and Europe covers the 4 strains Gardasil. My daughter has epilepsy and wanting to know more before deciding whether to have my daughter innoculated l dug deep rang the school nurse the innoculation nurse the hpv vaccine helpline etc and decided NOT to have my daughter done as what l have seen theres alot of people who have made contact after their girls have been inncolulated and reported seizures! I know it wont happen to everyone BUT l am not willing to have my child innoculated UNTIL further time has elapsed and some long term side effects etc can be noted l dont think 6.5year is long enough! I talked this through with my daughter first and explained all about condoms why they should be used, we talked about the virus and the smear tests etc etc even when you have been innoculated you still have to have regular smear tests and l believe in the usa you have these yearly? Time to treat this disease early if you should get it! I have also read in alot of cases the body will deal with hpv itself and it wont cause problems. However each to his or her own, I dont think anyone should feel guilty about not choosing to have this jab. I believe the jab is giving in 3 doses over 6 months and l have read that it is more than likely it will be followed up with boosters. Please be careful when doing any research the type of site you visit. Good luck all.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:18 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Drafly HB User

Laura, you stated your daughter isn't a guinea pig. My 17-year-old daughter just received her third dose of Gardasil. I have lived with the ravages and I do mean ravages of HPV for over 20 years. While I understand your concern it is my opinion that your concern about getting the remaining doses and somehow not being able to be a mother are a bit over blown. I myself have never seen literature documenting this but frankly you do NOT want your daughter living with all the possible/probable complications if she contracts HPV. It's not pretty, and the chances of her getting cancer from the HPV would be far greater than her not being able to become a mother (where did you hear that anyway?)

I'm glad you did research but what they also DON"T tell you, is that when someone reports a "side effect" or "reaction" much information is gathered which is irrelevant and can distort the true connection between vaccine and side effect.

Over the years since my initial diagnosis, I have been biopsied to death (imagine having needles stuck in YOUR vulva), lasered, LEEP'd, cryotherapied, resected, irradiated and chemotherapied. I have literally been taken piece by piece physically as well as emotionally. I in no way am attempting to be insensitive to your concerns but having lived through the horrors of HPV I would tell you to get over it and get your daughter vaccinated!

Closed Thread