It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2008, 12:46 PM   #1
(female)

9dnacita HB User
Vaccine for 31 year old

I'm a virgin and my bf has HPV. If we end up marrying one day, how can I get help with a vaccine? What I've read are only for younger women. Is there any hope for me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2008, 05:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Vaccine for 31 year old

The vaccine is not approved for women over 25 or 26.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2008, 01:43 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Re: Vaccine for 31 year old

The age limit is set to provide maximum benefit to the most appropriate candidates, and to give a limit to insurance providers.

That does NOT mean that a woman with no HPV would not benefit from the vaccine. It just means that your insurance is not likely to cover it, but you can still probably get it from your doctor.

Basically, they don't want to give it to a woman over that age because the odds of her not having already been exposed are pretty slim.

But since you say you're a virgin you could still be completely hpv-free and a perfect candidate for the vaccine. Ask your doctor.

Closed Thread