It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2008, 09:46 AM   #1
(female)

blueskies7 HB User
Question Aldara cream single-use packets - okay to reuse?

My doctor prescribed Aldara for me to treat my genital warts. Is it okay to spread out the treatment from the single-use packets?

I only some small warts I am treating so I am not using a lot of the cream, just a thin layer. So far, I've been using the same packet for my last two treatments.

Does this make the cream lose its effectiveness? My skin was tender and a little raw after the first treatment but after the second treatment, the pain was not bad at all. I'm wondering if this is because the packet has already been opened and it's lost its effectiveness?

Old 12-12-2008, 11:59 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

calidreaming HB User
Re: Aldara cream single-use packets - okay to reuse?

I would like to know as well! Im assuming if you put it in a ziploc bag or something, it may seal in its effectiveness.

I honestly think they distribute it like that so that they can make more money! How much easier would it be if they just had it in a damn tube???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2008, 12:12 PM   #3
(female)

blueskies7 HB User

Calidreaming, are you also spreading out your treatments from the same packet? If so, do you notice a decline in the effectiveness?

Old 12-12-2008, 06:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

I would think that reusing the same pack might infect other areas. :two cents:

Old 12-21-2008, 09:13 PM   #5
(female)

purplemunchkin HB User

My Dr told me to just keep them in a cool dark place (as I cannot keep them in the fridge as recommended) and to use them as normal. I had one sachet left after treatment and kept it until my partner showed up with a wart, and the same Dr said for him to use it as it would be fine.

Apparently it is very expensive and the cheapest way to distribute it is in those small sachets. It seems to be a good idea because you don't need to use much for it to work.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:14 AM   #6
(female)

busy mom of two HB User
Red face Re: Aldara cream single-use packets - okay to reuse?

I have Hpv, and I used this cream a few years ago. Please!!! For the love of God, be careful with it!!! I was not advised as to how to use it and spread it on like an anti itch cream on the outbreak. I had chemical burn on my vagina for 3 days and it was the worst pain I have EVER felt in my life! The pain was so horrible I passed out in my living room! It felt like I straddled a leaking car battery. i hate to be so graphic, but I would hate to see you have this sort of reaction! There is nothing you can do for the pain but wait it out. ( I sat in front of a fan stradlled for 2 days) Please, please be careful!

Closed Thread