It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2008, 08:57 AM   #1
(male)

curious33 HB User
ACV and genital warts..

I keep hearing amazing stories about people having great success using apple cider vinegar as treatment for genital warts. Has anyone heard or had any experience with this method. I have a friend who had a couple really small ones and said they fell off within 3 days and havent returned for almost a year so far.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:46 AM   #2
(female)

Bwarr005 HB User
Re: ACV and genital warts..

Hello! I have tried thsi treatment.. and currently are doing it again on a different wart. You of course, put the ACV on a cotton ball, and adry one over that with medical tape, apply it to the wart when you go to bed and wake up and take it off. I have had some about a size of half of a dime in a cluster and they all fell off and havent returned yet. I have one now on the opposite side that i knew was there when i did the first treatment but i couldnt quite do that side and the other side at the same time cause the cotton balls and tape would have been too much on both sides. But yes. it really works and it is so inexpensive in comparison to the doctor. The warts will turn black which means it is working and they will fall off. So if you try it, keep doing the treatment til you see those results. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2008, 12:08 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

calidreaming HB User

do you think I could do this on the days I don't do the Aldara treatments?

There is this one stubborn wart that gets bigger instead of going away! Im wondering if it would be good to use ACV on that one on the days im not using the cream???

Old 12-19-2008, 08:17 AM   #4
(female)

Bwarr005 HB User

That would be a perfect one to do it on. Thats exactly what I did. I had some (first) around my anal area. The aldara kept making them get bigger and made me get more and blisters. So I stopped the treatment and did the ACV treatment which made them go away in like 3 or 4 days. You skin will get really tender but so if you cannot stand the burning pain ( I really dont have it til a few days after I start) then do the treatment for like 30 or 40 min 3 times a day. Its just better to do it when you are going to sleep though so try that first. But seriously, this ACV treatment is amazing. So stick with it if you can once you start!

Old 12-19-2008, 02:55 PM   #5
(female)

herpesrocksnot HB User

after the warts fall off is there an open sore? I think I have warts right now and am wondering how the recovery is once they come off. My doctor said she would put me on the cream and most people I have talked to said it didn't really work for them and that it burns. Doesnt sound like much fun to me! My warts are really small and havent increased in size by much, they are about the size of the tip of a dull pencil.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:13 PM   #6
(female)

Bwarr005 HB User

Nope as the wart shrinks, it just effects the wart... and it just gets so small that it falls off and doesnt cause an open wound or anything. I wouldnt try it on skin or what you "MAY" think is a wart. Only recommend this treatment if you KNOW its genital warts.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:02 AM   #7
(female)

herpesrocksnot HB User

I get my results on Monday, and if it is then I am going to wait until the biopsied skin area is completely healed, as to not irritate it. Does this treatment burn at all like the Aldera cream? I'm so glad there are natural remedies out there like this, I have been burning holes in my pockets visiting the doctor and getting different creams and medications.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:37 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

I did have a few small ones and i applied some moist aspirin to it. i heard that it worked and i did this but couldnt really stand the burning feeling so after maybe only 10 minutes i took it off. i made it into a paste. some one told me that aspirin is actaully an active ingrediant in aldara cream im not sure because ive never had it but i think it worked for me. My warts got smaller and smaller till they were gone i dont actually remember them falling off though they kinda just went away one by one.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:00 AM   #9
(female)

Bwarr005 HB User

Herpes.
The ACV treatment did not burn my skin the first night or two.. after a few nights of treatment your skin gets irritated I guess you could say and it may start to burn and you may get restless over night if you cannot stand a little pain. If that does happen to you, just do the treatments for like 30 mins. a few times a day in place of doing it over night. But it doesnt take long for the treatment to start working. I wouldnt use it on internal warts, just external. And when you do it and dip the cotton ball into the vinegar, dont ring it out so much because you want the vinegar to be up there in a good amount. Good luck!

Old 12-20-2008, 10:10 AM   #10
(female)

herpesrocksnot HB User

thanks! Yeah, the warts are in a weird spot (if that is what they are) they are right on my perineum (sp*) right below my vag opening. Is that common? It is an area the size of the tip of your middle finger. There are many more than when I first went in to see my doctor, but because she didn't do the biopsy and I have had to wait so long ( My first visit about my concern was about a month and a half ago- maybe longer) they have grown- and I just want to fix this asap so they dont spread. I'm almost positive they are warts- but im up to try this ACV treatment. I'm actually going to start putting a little in my water too, I hear it is great for many things!

Old 06-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #11
(female)

bcfreeman HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwarr005 View Post
That would be a perfect one to do it on. Thats exactly what I did. I had some (first) around my anal area. The aldara kept making them get bigger and made me get more and blisters. So I stopped the treatment and did the ACV treatment which made them go away in like 3 or 4 days. You skin will get really tender but so if you cannot stand the burning pain ( I really dont have it til a few days after I start) then do the treatment for like 30 or 40 min 3 times a day. Its just better to do it when you are going to sleep though so try that first. But seriously, this ACV treatment is amazing. So stick with it if you can once you start!
Hi, so I was diagnosed with genital warts about a month ago. Last Wednesday, I began the ACV treatment for them and am now a bit tender "down there". Is this normal? And should I continue doing it and put up with the discomfort or should I take a break for a little while and then continue it? Thanks.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #12
(male)

secretidentity HB User

I am currently on the 3rd day of acv treatment.it stings a little now but nothing too bad if you take your mind off it..seems to be working i have like 5 little ones all black and two big ones(like eraserhead size).The little ones are all black now and big ones are mostly black now.so im hoping today or tomorrow may be the last days i have to do it.Ill post again when they start falling off.
God it will feel great to get these disgusting things off of me

Old 06-30-2012, 01:14 AM   #13
(male)

smbdyuus2knw HB User

I started using ACV on a Sunday night. The first two night seemed like nothing was happening. I then started using TTO in between day/night sessions. Immediately I saw activity. Warts (all over the base of my shaft) started turning grey, then black. It got to the point now on Friday night I had to stop ACV use due to iritation (i was probably applying too much, but I was compensating for the first two days of non-reaction), and I usee TTO less and am now using a neosporin like (but natural) ointment to treat my skin. It looks like I have road rash on my shaft with specks of black dying warts. Gross looking for sure, but I did not have any luck with freezing them off, using Imiquimod cream for months, or using the stronger doctor applied only stuff.
This is definitely a reaction, and I'm excited to see a reaction since I've had these things for years weighing on my self esteem.

Now I just wonder if I should keep with the ACV and TTO till they fall off, or just wait to see how it looks after healing, then starting again on any left over buggers.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #14
(female)

seasearcher78 HB User

About 3 yrs ago i noticed a bump on the top of my vagina the dr said it was mole well ok then now i found four bumps tried creams from the net after i searched and it looked like warts so been reading all these posts about ACV well day one didnt sting much at all but day 2 took my breathe away stung a little day three i said forget it and put cotton with vitamin E oil on it instead felt great by morning 4 i checked the biggest one that was said to be a mole is gone and the other 3 bumps are small Acv on night 4, & 5 vit. E one day 6 and night 6 acv their almost gone but bandaids didnt hold i used clear packing tape and i noticed u itch down there alot with it trying to heal so when the itch is bad vit. E oil on it the itch stops but THANKS TO ALL THAT HAVE POSTED BEFORE ME ITS WORKING GREAT SO FAR!!!!

Closed Thread