It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
(female)

lety09 HB User
could you

Could yiu get HPV from kissing somone

Old 01-26-2009, 01:27 PM   #2
(female)

PrettyMama HB User
Re: could you

HPV can only be transmitted by Sexual Intercourse. You can contract it from a man or a woman.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2009, 03:20 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Drafly HB User

HPV is not solely contracted through sexual intercourse. There are a variety of other ways HPV can be contracted. You can be a virgin and contract HPV. You do not need to have sexual intercourse to contract HPV as it is transmitted through skin to skin contact which can occur through simply lying against someone elses genital area which is positive for HPV. As for the kissing part, HPV 16 has been show in 90% of the 25% of head/neck (oral/and laryngeal) cancers in a recent study at John's Hopkins Oncology Center. The link between oral sex and the HPV 16 occurring in the mouth could be presumed though I have not read of a direct link at this point in time. However, if someone does have HPV 16 in their mouth and you were do perform "french" kissing then perhaps, since it is skin to skin contact, you could contract it this way as well. Simply kissing someone on the lips I doubt would have as great a risk.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:31 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User

Mouth to mouth kissing is not considered to be a risk for getting HPV.

Closed Thread