It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2009, 10:00 PM   #1
(female)

Duchess3 HB User
Laser treatment for HPV warts

I was wondering if anyone has ever been treated for their warts using the laser treatment? My doctor doesn't want me to use the aldara cream since the warts are on the inside and on the opening of the vagina. The apple cider vinegar treatment sounds good but I don't think this would work since they are on the inside. The doctor said I would have the laser procedure in the hospital. I am scared and would appreciate any advice. Thanks!!

Old 02-12-2009, 04:50 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Drafly HB User
Re: Laser treatment for HPV warts

Has your doc run an HPV test to determine which types of HPV or is he just stating it is genital warts (non cancerous benign types) based on visual inspection? I take it these are inside the vagina and while colposcopy can clearly show any lesions, it is also a very convoluted structure with a lot of creases and crevices and so there is a likelihood that something could be missed. Ask you doctor about using 5-FU (5 fluorouracil cream) also called Efudex cream. This is usually used in high risk HPV though which is why I asked if you've had any biopsies yet. This is applied with a syringe (no needle just the barrel) like device and is used with different protocols some are every day for five days, some are every other day, it depends on the doc. This is more effective in reaching all those crevices and areas that may be missed by colposcopy. I have had laser ablation many many times as HPV has affected the cervix, vagina, vulva, labia, peroneal area, anus and now rectum. He could still laser the visible lesions however he should biopsy a piece of it before he destroys it with the laser so they can do an accurate pathology. Perhaps he could use the LEEP procedure on these visible lesions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread