It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2009, 10:07 AM   #1
(female)

Anna2904 HB User
When the warts go white does that mean...

That's the treatment is working? I started using treatment (waritcon) tuesday night, yesterday morning, yesterday night, and this morning, and the warts have turned white and where i've put on the treatment it's slightly sore, it's that a good sign, does it mean that by it going white it's already starting to be effective? Also i have another question, i have had two sexual partners in my life time, my first was one time with a condom, the second (my current boyfriend) many times without a condom. We discussed our sexual history before we had sex ( he said he had condomed sex with his two exs both of which were virgins) and it appeared to be perfectly safe to have unprotected sex. Two months 2 weeks later i discover wart like things on my vagina, so i get it checked out and it is what i feared. Now, i know it's entirely possible for it to be my ex who i slept with once with a condom over a year ago, but isn't it most likely to be my boyfriend who gave it to me... meaning he lied about his sexual history... because i honestly don't believe he's cheated but something doesn't seem right about this to me... I would like your opinion on this. I know you can't say for sure but what makes most logical sense to you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2009, 09:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User
Re: When the warts go white does that mean...

I had mine frozen off at a health clinic. Yes after the freezing procedure the skin turned white and they dried up and fell off. So the home treatment your using probably works the same. After the warts fell off I had to go back to the clinic to have the area checked and the doctor used a microscope to see if any of the wart was left that couldn't be seen by just looking. You might want to consider getting a doctor to check you at some point. If the roots aren't taken off they just grow back.

I don't have an opinion on your second question. I had 2 boyfriends sort of at the same time and never found out who gave me the warts. The main thing is to have them removed properly.

Last edited by taape; 03-19-2009 at 09:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2009, 10:04 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

I've read that warts show up on average 2 to 8 weeks after exposure.

But let's say you did get them from your current bf, that doesn't necessarily mean he's lied. Condoms really don't protect well against HPV because they really don't protect much of the area at all, do they? There are plenty of parts that touched down there that aren't covered by the condom, right? So condoms... not much protection for that. Second, what if one of those 2 virgins had had other types of sex with at least one other partner, just not intercourse? Then she could easily been exposed.

It is a very easy virus to transmit - you don't need to have intercourse to transmit it, and it can be transmitted with a condom.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:43 AM   #4
(female)

Anna2904 HB User

he did lie about his sexual history, he admitted it to me last night, right before i told him what i reckon he gave me... He had drunken sex with this friend of his and has no recollection of the sexual event she had to tell him in the morning (this was prior of being with me he lied because he knows my views on casual sex), he's not even sure if they used a condom... So he's had three sexual partners one without a condom the others with a condom and various times, me, once with a comdom. I even remember making sure the condom was covering everything because i was so paranoid of the sperm seeping out and getting me pregnant... He never had any warts as a child or in his life time which makes me think he's one of the lucky people to have no symptoms of the virus, just a carrier... what do you make of this?

Old 03-21-2009, 04:03 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

luvbug412 HB Userluvbug412 HB User

Being that HPV can be passed by any intimate sexual contact (remember, intercourse is NOT necessary), condoms (while offering some protection) don't really protect against HPV. Safe sex or not, the virus can still spread. And, it affects everyone different. While someone may manifest the symptoms of an infection with active warts, their partner with the same strain may never show any symptoms at all.

Closed Thread