It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2003, 12:41 AM   #1

anonymousman HB User
Lightbulb HPV cause burning, itching, pain, redness?

do the genital warts (HPV) ever cause burning, itching, pain, redness on the spot or do they ever look like a raised line rather than a bump?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2003, 02:34 PM   #2

shucks HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by anonymousman:
do the genital warts (HPV) ever cause burning, itching, pain, redness on the spot or do they ever look like a raised line rather than a bump?

Well it all depends....they can burn if it is in a place where there is friction, ie. when you go to the bathroom and you have to wipe....well that can make them burn...but if it is in a place where there is no friction there shouldnt be any burning sensation. Sometimes they can itch, but not normally. warts can form in many ways they can look like callowflower like....they can also be only one and grow long like a growth. it is mostly textured kind of now if they are very small you cant tell if it is textured or not. they can be very tiny that looks like bumps, and they can be big too (which is usually easier to tell if it is textured/flakey....) they are usually flesh in color....they shouldnt be red in color if they are red and itchy and burning it could be herpes....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2003, 04:50 PM   #3

anonymousman HB User
Let me give you a little bit of background on myself.
I have posted this in a few posts before, so let me share this with you.

Well, im 19 years old and ive had a normal sex life. Although I started masturbating very young (11). I have had several sex partners. However the past 3 years i have had a steady girlfriend.
About 2 years ago i noticed a very small bump on the foreskin section of my penis in the middle on the right side. This very small red bump is about the size of a needle tip, however, it is right in the middle of a raised surface of my penis that looks almost like a "C". It isnt very big, and to the naked eye you wouldnt even be able to notice it. But since I know my penis pretty well. I noticed this. It itches and sometimes after sex, burns on that spot.

I have went to the doctor 3 times. The first 2 times, he said it was a small infection and gave me some creams. The 3rd time it was a different doctor. And he said I was absolutely fine.

Now, my question is...what is this? Does anyone else have this on their penis? Or has anyone ever heard of this?

The spot is on the middle right side of the foreskin area. its raised up just slightly, almost in a "C" shape. With a small red bump in the middle. It has never EVER gone away and came back. Its ALWAYS there. (Atleast for the past 2 years) Thats why i dont suspect it is herpes. because herpes go away and come back.

My girlfriend of 3 years, recently went and had a papsmear done. It came up clean as a whistle. Now I have a full physical on monday, and even though I have seen a doctor 3 times about this, im going to talk to him again about it. opefully he can tell me something new. Because its a new doctor. I am going to have std testing and stuff with my physical and im going to request a HPV test.

But do you think i am just over-reacting? Maybe im worrying about something i shouldnt?

[This message has been edited by anonymousman (edited 08-09-2003).]

Old 08-09-2003, 07:34 PM   #4

shucks HB User
You said you went to the doctors and they said it was fine WITHOUT giveing out proper STD testing? or did they infact give you an STD testing?

You know doctors do tend to "look" and say it is fine, but when the proper testing and the results are in to find out something it not fine...

I will give out an analogy....if there is an apple on the table, and I say "it looks like a banana" does that mean it is a "banana"? But if I do research and test it I learn that it is an apple....

You said: "because herpes go away and come back"

SOMETIMES.....

but if you only have ONE then I doubt it is herpes...

You shouldnt burn after sex unless you do it more than once a day EVERYDAY....it could be just a friction burn.

It probably is nothing, however go get checked out...and tell the doctor that you want ALL STD testing and make sure that includes HPV.

Old 08-09-2003, 09:28 PM   #5

anonymousman HB User
"You said you went to the doctors and they said it was fine WITHOUT giveing out proper STD testing?"

Yes, all 3 times they simply looked at it and gave a diagnosis. That is why I will be asking for a full STD test and specifically ask for HPV as well.

"but if you only have ONE then I doubt it is herpes..."

Yes one small bump in the middle of a slighty raised line or crevice almost resembling a "C". It has been there for 2 years now. I have tried fingal creams like triamcinolone, clotrimazole, and taftnate. Nothing works.

"You shouldnt burn after sex unless you do it more than once a day EVERYDAY....it could be just a friction burn."

I have sex probably 2 times a week with my GF. I masturbate probably 2 times a week. So, thats about 4 times a week on average that my penis has "friction".

"It probably is nothing, however go get checked out...and tell the doctor that you want ALL STD testing and make sure that includes HPV."

I really hope it is nothing. It itches, and burns on the spot. It may just be something natural. I dont know. My GF's papsmear was 100% normal and clean, so that gives me some hope.

Old 08-09-2003, 09:45 PM   #6

shucks HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by anonymousman:
"You said you went to the doctors and they said it was fine WITHOUT giveing out proper STD testing?"

Yes, all 3 times they simply looked at it and gave a diagnosis. That is why I will be asking for a full STD test and specifically ask for HPV as well.

"but if you only have ONE then I doubt it is herpes..."

Yes one small bump in the middle of a slighty raised line or crevice almost resembling a "C". It has been there for 2 years now. I have tried fingal creams like triamcinolone, clotrimazole, and taftnate. Nothing works.

"You shouldnt burn after sex unless you do it more than once a day EVERYDAY....it could be just a friction burn."

I have sex probably 2 times a week with my GF. I masturbate probably 2 times a week. So, thats about 4 times a week on average that my penis has "friction".

"It probably is nothing, however go get checked out...and tell the doctor that you want ALL STD testing and make sure that includes HPV."

I really hope it is nothing. It itches, and burns on the spot. It may just be something natural. I dont know. My GF's papsmear was 100% normal and clean, so that gives me some hope.
Well I just hope it is nothing..and it probably is not anything, but it is good that you will get a proper check out....

Good luck.

Closed Thread