It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2003, 12:29 PM   #1

anonymousman HB User
Lightbulb vinegar test for men?

is there a way to test yourself for HPV?

I was told by a friend that if you put some vinegar on your penis, that HPV will react a certain way.
Is there any truth to this?

if not, what other ways are there for a self-test.
If there are no highly visible bumps?

Old 08-05-2003, 06:09 PM   #2

shucks HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by anonymousman:
is there a way to test yourself for HPV?

I was told by a friend that if you put some vinegar on your penis, that HPV will react a certain way.
Is there any truth to this?

if not, what other ways are there for a self-test.
If there are no highly visible bumps?
Well the doctor does use a vinigar, but dont know if there is anything that is mixed with it??...You also have to consider that warts can hide where you are unable to see...unless you are very flexable.

You also want to know that doing it at home is not the best accurancy. Also, you may want to think about suppose you have no warts at all external, but suppose if you have it internal? This is why men are SO hard to test.

My advise if you want to do it at home (which I DONT recommend at all) is call your doctor dont have to give them your name and ask about the vinigar test if it is straight vinigar or is there something else added....

If it was me I would just go to the doctor, or a clinic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2003, 06:34 PM   #3

anonymousman HB User
so i could go to a clinic and get tested for HPV?

Some people have told me that there is no test for men, other people tell me that they can test your skin for carrying the virus.

What is true and what is false?

Old 08-05-2003, 06:54 PM   #4

shucks HB User
Quote:
so i could go to a clinic and get tested for HPV?

Some people have told me that there is no test for men, other people tell me that they can test your skin for carrying the virus.

What is true and what is false?
True it is hard for men to be tested.....

True if the virus is external (outside) even if it is small a man can be tested.

if the virus is internal (inside the penis) can NOT be tested...

Just go to the clinic and tell them that you want to be tested for EVERYTHING...and make sure they give you a HPV test which will take place starting with an exam...and tell them that you want a vingar test to MAKE sure...

Old 08-06-2003, 12:14 AM   #5

anonymousman HB User
well, i am scheduled for a full body physical on aug. 11. I asked them specifically to be tested for STD's. Because ill be going overseas for a few weeks for some business.
So, if they are giving me a physical, do they perform these tests to check for HPV?

Thank you for all the help...you have been so great.

Old 08-06-2003, 06:29 AM   #6

shucks HB User
Quote:
well, i am scheduled for a full body physical on aug. 11. I asked them specifically to be tested for STD's. Because ill be going overseas for a few weeks for some business.
So, if they are giving me a physical, do they perform these tests to check for HPV?

Thank you for all the help...you have been so great.
When you go get a physical they do NOT check for HPV (well unless there is a wart that can be seen without proper testing),so you will want to ask them specifically to check if you have HPV. They will probably give you blood tests, but this wont help because HPV does NOT show in the blood. Make sure you just tell them when they give you a physical to check for HPV also.

Old 08-06-2003, 09:28 AM   #7

anonymousman HB User
ok, thank you so much!
my last question is this:
My fiance had a papsmear 2 months ago. Do they routinely check for HPV to show up in the papsmear or does the woman have to ask specifically to test for HPV?

Once again, thank you so much for your responses you have been extremely helpful.

Old 08-06-2003, 12:44 PM   #8

shucks HB User
Quote:
ok, thank you so much!
my last question is this:
My fiance had a papsmear 2 months ago. Do they routinely check for HPV to show up in the papsmear or does the woman have to ask specifically to test for HPV?

Once again, thank you so much for your responses you have been extremely helpful.

You are mighty welcome.

As far as a women it is a little bit easier to check. Usually during pap smears if the pap smear comes back abnormal then they will do further testing and HPV is one of the things theyw ill check IF the pap smear comes back abnormal. Now as far as far as just to check for HPV (if the pap smear comes back normal that is) then the woman has to ask specifically also....

In other words yes she does have to ask specific...unless she came back with an abnormal papsmear.

Closed Thread