It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2005, 09:07 PM   #1
(female)

beezkneez HB User
Unhappy HPV but no abnormal cells.

I am schedualed for getting my wisdom teeth taken out in a couple of weeks. On the paper work I had to fill out there was a question, "What surgeries have you had.....?" Of coarse, my cone biopsy pops into my mind. I haven't really thought about my HPV for about 4 months now and now it is plauging me again. It's been a year and a half since my surgery and I've been clear every since but it still scares me if it will come back again. It is a constant concern to me. Then, during the spring semester at school, I did a report on HPV and got the chance to learn pretty much all there is to know about it. I went to several doctors, read just about every book, talked to people at the CDC and I was suprised at what I found. I am learning to deal with HPV better everyday but I know it will always be there.

So, if anyone has any questions please ask. I see there are a lot of new members to my post and I would love to help. It's about time this post gets up and going again. It helped me alot and I want to do the same for others. Best wishes to you all!

Old 08-13-2005, 07:15 AM   #2

wanneda HB User
Re: HPV & Guilt

well beezkneez..

tell me/us... what's the prognosis for intimate sexual relations after diagnosis and treatment!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2005, 03:54 PM   #3
(female)

beezkneez HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneda
well beezkneez..

tell me/us... what's the prognosis for intimate sexual relations after diagnosis and treatment!

Well wanneda, really it depends on the type of HPV you have: outer genital warts or inner cervical dysplasia. When you are diagnosed with the genital wart form it is best to restrain from any sexual activity until the warts are removed via cream, freezing or other. If you have inner cervical dysplasia then you and your sexual partner(s) need to talk about it. They need to be informed of what is going on and especially if you have had unprotected sex. Condoms are not an effective form of preventing HPV though. Depending on how sever the dysplasia, your doctor will determine the correct treatment: cone biopsy, freezing, leep ect. Your doctor will tell you how long you will have to refrain from sexual activity. With cervical HPV all you can do about your sexual relations is to wear a condom, and tell your partner(s) you have HPV. Hopefully when the abnormal cells are removed they will not come back and you will be alright to have sex again. But still, use condoms because there are other things out there that are worse.

Hope this helps. Need anything else just ask!

Old 08-15-2005, 02:33 PM   #4

wazzle HB User

hey! i'm 21 and was diagnosed with HPV about a year ago. my doctor found it by mistake when she accidently ran a test for it when i got my pap. i didn't have any abnormal cells then or when i went back 6 months later. i have no warts or any outward signs of it...and i wouldn't have known about it at all if my doc didn't run that test cuz my paps were all coming out okay. i know it doesn't always cause abnormal cells, but i was wondering if you guys knew what the chances were that i am going to have a problem in the future. thanks!

Closed Thread