It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2009, 10:09 PM   #1
(female)

monroegirl HB User
Question Diagnosed with rare ascus/high risk hpv!

Hello, I recently had my annual pap and 2 repeats after that showed abnormal cells and high risk HPV. I had a hysterectomy in 1995 because of this same thing. Had cysts on ovaries etc etc. I've had abnormal paps since but when repeated they were ok, so the dr. told me..... Anyway, I had the colposcopy under anesthesia because my vagina is very painful. I can't hardly tolerate a pap and SEX is out of the question. My doctor doesn't seem to think that is a problem(not for her anyway). The results of my Colpo was "sections reveal squamous mucosa in which atypia of the squamous layers. Diagnosis of rare ASCUS is confirmed with High Risk HPV". Now my doctor sent me a letter and these were her opening lines "Your biopsy was normal, basically. What the hell is that? She suggest we do a repeat pap in 1 year. Now, I am not comfortable with this as I have Rhuematoid Arthritis and am on Remicade, prednisone, & methotrexate. My Immune system is suppressed. So, if there is anything wrong, my body cannot fight this off. I want to FIRE my doctor. She is a new doctor for me due to the fact that my OBGYN recently left the clinic I go to. Can anyone give me some further information about this diagonis? I have read on a previous thread of a person having laser surgery. Should I be worried? Thank you all for any help you can give me.

Closed Thread