It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #1
(female)

Whit247 HB User
we both have warts what can we do

my husband and I hpv and I am just starting to get small warts. my doctor told me that he wont treat me because I am sexually active with my husband. I dont want a million warts, what can we do as a couple to treat and prevent warts without giving up our love life! Im only 23!! HELP

Old 08-07-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: we both have warts what can we do

I'd suggest you and your husband go to a doctor's appointment together and both of you get treatment. Of course you need to let them know that you and your husband both need appointments.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #3
(female)

scared9 HB User

I don't understand why your doctor said he wont treat you because you are sexually active with your husband. My understanding is that once you have HPV (like myself and my bf), you just have it for life and it can come and go. I don't think you can pass it back and forth. The warts appear when your immune system is not as strong as it needs to be so it shouldn't matter whether you are having sex with your husband, just try and keep up your immune system. I thought the concern with being sexually active was passing it on to uninfected people... That's my understanding anyway...

Old 08-10-2009, 03:10 PM   #4
(female)

Whit247 HB User

Thank you! Thats what I told my doctor, but he knows best! I guess! Well, im going back for another appt. and demanding treatment. All im asking for is a cream or something of that sort! I just found out that I need to make my immune system stronger about 2 weeks ago! I didnt realize that it was soo weak! I hope this next doctor visit is worth my time!

Old 08-10-2009, 05:00 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

If your doctor refuses to treat you, I'd strongly suggest that you find a new doctor.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:39 AM   #6
(female)

scared9 HB User

I agree with Pickle Eyes (love the name by the way). If your doctor even seems hesitant to treat you, I suggest you find a new doctor.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:36 PM   #7
(female)

Whit247 HB User

i thank all of you for your advice! I have a doctors appt this month and made another with a different doctor just to compare their advice and to get the best treatment! Thank yall soo much! Ill post more about this situation later!

Closed Thread