It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2009, 07:44 PM   #1
(female)

IWGB1805 HB User
Scared!!!

Hi,

I was diagnosed w/ high risk HPV in March, had the colposcopy, and was told my cells were normal. I had to go back in 3 months, and I did. I was told I had minor cell changes, which of course devestated me. Had the colposcopy 3 weeks ago, and I get my results tomorrow. I am so scared. The doctor told me she couldn't see any abnormal cells, but did a biopsy anyway. She said the abnormal cells could be due to an infection (I was given an antibiotic cream to apply for 5 days prior to the colposcopy). Has this ever happened to someone else? I'm so scared she will tell me I need further treatment. I'm scared I will get bad results. If the cells are mildly abnormal, do they even treat them? I have heard mildly abnormal cells can go back to normal again. I hope the results are normal. So terrified. They keep me waiting in the office for hours, and it just makes me more and more anxious. If there was anything severely wrong, wouldn't they have contacted me by now?

Thanks for listening.

Last edited by IWGB1805; 08-25-2009 at 07:45 PM.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Scared!!!

I would think if there was something "severely wrong" they would have contacted you earlier. That doesn't mean they would, but I would hope they would.

One thing you can do is to ask for copies of all of those pathology reports. It will tell you what tests were taken, cells that were sampled and what the pathologists impressions of those cells.

If you are in good health and under 30, there is a good chance that your body could improve the situation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
(female)

IWGB1805 HB User

I am 27 years old and am in good health otherwise. The doctor told me my cells looked normal, but they took a biopsy anyway. I just want this to be over with. I know I won't be sleeping tonight.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:09 AM   #4
(male)

jbay HB User

Girl, I understand you so much! Biopsy is ****** crazy and it's a loooong wait! I got biopsy almost a week ago if the wart i have is abnormal. They're telling it was a week but i kept insisting of getting it for 5 days. I got the result in 5 days and turn out it was fine. No atypia found. The thing about HPV is you have to keep checking it in case it spreads or it grows. Now I am looking for a good ENT to check on my HPV on tonsil....good luck...Think positive...

Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWGB1805 View Post
I am 27 years old and am in good health otherwise. The doctor told me my cells looked normal, but they took a biopsy anyway. I just want this to be over with. I know I won't be sleeping tonight.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:11 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

How did your appointment go?

Old 08-26-2009, 06:56 PM   #6
(female)

IWGB1805 HB User

hi,

I am so relieved to say that there were no abnormal cells and my biopsy came back fine. she told me to try to boost my immune system and stay as healthy as I can.

I am so happy and grateful!

Thank you for the support.

Closed Thread