It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2009, 08:34 AM   #1
(male)

jbay HB User
What kind of test to know what type of HPV? Plus How effective HPV vaccination?

Hi Guys!!!

I got HPV on my tonsil. We know it's really sad. I think if we have it we need to get really proactive on this, which means, we have to go research, eat healthy, starts asking for vitamins to boost immune system etc... Now, I'm hearing some people know the type of HPV they've got, and i would love to know what type of HPV i've got, does anyone know what kind pathological test to take so i'll know they type of HPV i've got? Plus I hope some experts can help me on this. I"m 26 and I was thinking of getting the HPV vaccination. THough, I'm quite aware that it won't protect me anymore as I already have HPV, but does vaccination somehow play a role in maybe suppressing and/or decreasing it from spreading it all over my body? Cuz my doctor said i need to keep a regular visit to see if it's spreading or not. I was thinking if I take the HPV vaccine, will it help stop spreading the warts/lesions? Hope you can help me guys.

good luck and think positive,
Jake

ps: I believe we need a website that deals with HPV alone. does anyone know an online support group for HPV?

Old 08-28-2009, 07:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: What kind of test to know what type of HPV? Plus How effective HPV vaccination?

Guardasil is only approved (in the USA) for women, not men. It will only protect against the 4 strains of HPV which it is designed to protect against - none of the other 26+ strains that could affect the genitals.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread