It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2009, 11:16 PM   #1
(male)

jbwallace HB User
When should I tell her???

hi, i'm a 25 year old male and im pretty sure that i have the strain of hpv that causes warts. i recently started a relationship with a girl that i really care for and i can tell that she cares for me. i am currently away on business but i maintain a good relationship with her (talking to her very often over the phone). i have yet to tell her about myself in the regard of hpv and i know that i need to. i wont see her for possibly another 6-8 months. should i continue to let our relationship grow and tell her later or should i just bite the bullet and tell her now??? i could really use some advice on this, thanks.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Re: When should I tell her???

If you tell her now, she'll have plenty of time to get the HPV vaccine. Maybe you should ask her if she's already had it.

btw, how do you know you have a strain that causes warts?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

My question is, how would you feel if she kept something like that from you and then you found out many months later?

Since you asked my opinion, I think you should tell her sooner, than later.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:45 AM   #4
(male)

jbwallace HB User

i figured as much but i guess i just needed to hear someone else say it. thanks for your honest opinion.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:51 AM   #5
(male)

jbwallace HB User

i went to a doc and got checked out and that's what he thought it was but a few months later they went away

Old 08-31-2009, 03:57 AM   #6
(male)

jbay HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbwallace View Post
i went to a doc and got checked out and that's what he thought it was but a few months later they went away
Hmm...lucky you it went away, mine is on the tonsil and so far it hasn't gone away. The tricky part about this disease is men are carriers without any way of knowing how to identify one unless warts come out. I wish scientists will discover a test to figure if you have it or better yet find a cure for it. The only way to know if you have it is to have it biopsy like mine. I went to 3 doctors! first doctor said it was a polyp and he wanted me to schedule a tonsillectomy in 10 days! I got scared and find another doctor. 2nd doctor was h-i-g-h-l-y recommended, and he said it was a cyst. 3rd doctor said it was a cyst so we'll pop it! So he did and it didnt burst, so he asked for biopsy. After 5 days, it went positive for HPV! My entire life has change! I ban myself from having sex...ever! If i have a partner, i would tell him now. so if i were you, it's best to tell the one you love. The way i see it is this: if you care for someone, you'll be honest with them right? so I would tell her. I heard somewhere that a woman sued her boyfriend/husband for giving her HPV and she won! And yes, i read it i think in ***** (im not sure but i know its somewhere credible). Good luck! We should start writing to Department of Health to continue more research on this otherwise we'll all end up having one!!! Good luck and stay healthy.

Jake

Closed Thread