It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2009, 10:33 PM   #1
(female)

jucidots HB User
Question Need Help!

I have hpv but dont know exactly how long ive had it. Dec 24, 2008 i had a leep procedure done, it was very painful. 2 weeks ago i went to the doctor to test me to see if the cells were normal, and they werent. Test results came back abnormal. I have a doctors visit oct. 6 and there going to do a bioposy. Will i have to have another leep procedure cause im so scared of the pain again? Im asking because my doctor wont give me the answers i need. Plus...ive had chymidia and gonnhera twice 2 years ago and cause me to have pelvic inflamitory disease. Ive heard that it causes scar tissue where it would be very difficult to get pregnant. And the leep procedure once you had had one done, that if u do get pregnant theres a chance you will only go to the 2nd trimester and have a chance of miscarrage and the cervix will not hold the baby in, causing preterm labor....ive been triing to conceive for 2 months now following diets and taking prenatal vitamins and folic acid. Will i be able to carry a child full term or even get pregnant??? PLEASE help i dont know what to do. Thanks and god bless.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Need Help!

Hi Jucidots,

I suggest before you go to the appointment on the 6th to get copies of your pathology reports. Find out what they say about your last procedure and what type of abnormal cells were found on this most recent pap.

You also need to let your doctor know how painful the last LEEP was. It is possible for your doctor to schedule you for a CKC (cold knife cone biopsy) instead of the LEEP. The LEEP can be done in-office, but the CKC would have to be done under anesthesia at a day surgery center. It takes a little longer to do the CKC than the LEEP and you have to go under anesthesia, but the tissue sample from the CKC has clear edges which is one thing the pathologist will be looking for in some cases.

You have options.

The more procedures you have to your cervix, the greater the chance of having cervical competency during pregnancy. HOWEVER, if it appears that the cervix is too thin, the doctor can do a circlage (sp?) which is basically a thread which the doctor sews through the cervix to keep it closed so you can hold the baby in your utuerus. The baby is later delivered by C section.

You have options. I strongly suggest you go to the doctor with a written list of questions. If the doctor wants to do a LEEP right then and there (along with the colposcopy), you can ask for it to be done another day.

Take care and let us know how you are doing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread