It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2009, 06:56 PM   #1
(female)

chika7 HB User
Question Will I get infected?

Hello everyone! I'm on here not because I'm infected, but because I'm interested in becoming sexually active with an infected person. I just need some answers because even though I've been trying to do research, I don't feel I have all the knowledge to make this decision.

So anyway, my new interest has had HPV for around 6 months now. He went to the doctor recently and I'm not sure which case he has exactly, (because he'd have to do numerous DNA tests and such to find out) but I know it's a common one that isn't cancerous and he doesn't show warts.

I've had every dose of the Gardasil vaccine and I know having sex with him with a condom puts my chances of becoming infected very low.

What I'm wondering is, what about other things? Can I give him oral sex? What about touching? How safe is this? Are there any ways to do this and have a strong chance of not becoming infected? What precautions could I possibly take in order to make this happen?

Just looking for as much information as possible

Last edited by chika7; 09-07-2009 at 06:58 PM.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:07 PM   #2
(female)

jacmay HB User
Re: Will I get infected?

Not sure how old you are, but it isn't worth it. I am 33 yrs old and have been fight HPV since I have been 20 years old and had only slept with one person. First, only dealt with abnormal paps and now for the 2nd time I am having to go through surgery to remove stage 0 cancer.

On the flip side 80% of all women by age 50 will be infected with one strain or another of HPV, but if you already KNOW this person has it, it is not worth the risk and yes you can get HPV from Oral.

And if a person has warts that is the HPV that is not cancerous the 4 main types that are show no visable signs of HPV.....

DONT DO IT

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2009, 08:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

HPV is passed by skin to skin contact. The skin could be vulvar, vaginal, cervical, penile, anal/rectal, oral. So most forms of foreplay can transmit HPV.

Jacmay is correct, most women by the time they are 50 have been exposed to HPV. That doesn't mean they will have negative effects from it.

There is no guarantee that the strain(s) of HPV which he has are the ones protected against by the vaccine.

You have a difficult decision to make. My advice would be to save the sexual aspect of a relationship until you are sure that that is a person you are willing to risk exposure. Not an easy choice. Just my advice.

Old 01-17-2011, 10:28 PM   #4
(female)

foreignphotos HB User

Just don't. Even if he doesn't have symptoms, and you use a condom, you could still contract it.

Closed Thread