It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2009, 02:49 AM   #1
(female)

tiggy44 HB User
Wink good news for all

Hi =) Just wanted to let you know there is a light near the end of the tunnel. I know how hard and devasting it can be hearing those words. You have high risk hpv. And i know all the testing, biopsys, hpv pap tests. And always coming out hpv positive. I was diagnosed 2007 with high risk hpv, pap normal. This went on for nearly 2 yrs. Then just recently august 2009 My hpv came back negative! pap normal wow what a surprise... So please please take care of yourself emotionally. Do not stress out. See your dr regulary, take your vitamins, eat foods rich in antioxidants,exercise mostly be happy. =))) i wish you all the best. this board has helped me tremendously over the yrs. thank you

Old 09-09-2009, 03:56 AM   #2
(male)

jbay HB User
Re: good news for all

wow congratulations girl!!! I am so jealous! I watched The Doctors TV one time and they feature this woman who battled HPV since she was 18, because of the disease she decided to pursue medicine in her college years, after getting MD, she continued doing research and living in a healthy way and finally one day she had her paps and the whole HPV testing, all went negative! Girl, please share what kind of vitamins and foods rich in antioxidant you are taking/eating...pretty please...

congratulations,
Jake

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2009, 05:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

I am so glad that your results have come back so favorably! Thanks for reporting back to us!

Old 09-10-2009, 02:49 AM   #4
(female)

tiggy44 HB User

thanks =) well all I can say is I take my multivitamin everyday, never miss. i take a garlic pill three times a week. since your a guy Im not sure what vitamin you need. But women need the folic acid and borin definatly. I eat or try to eat a grapefruit everyday I love the pink ones. Lots of fresh fruit-- cherries and blueberries the best. Red kidney or red beans excellent source. I just eat lots of fruit, drink lots of water, take my vitamin and walk everyday. You can look online under foods high in antioxidants see what comes up. Good Luck =) also I have a cup of hot natural herbal tea every night -- green tea the best !

Old 09-10-2009, 05:58 AM   #5
(female)

Ms_T HB UserMs_T HB User

This was what I needed this morning. I am going through the same thing, normal paps but positive hpv for almost two years now. I was just worrying myself about it last night because it has been six months since my last pap (my doc said I could wait a year because she did a colpo six months ago and it was perfect). I am now thinking should I wait six more months, should I call and ask her to do a pap now.....ughh. I just wanted that negative hpv. I wanted to ask you tiggy, how old are you? I am 36 and I think that is more of a concern when it won't go dormant and you are a bit older.
Congratulations.
Ivy

Old 09-10-2009, 07:56 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mom22greatkids HB User

Hi Tiggy,
That's great news. I've been wondering how things have turned out for you.

Unfortunately I haven't been so lucky. My dysplasia progressed and I had LEEP in June. Will go every six months for pap now. Hopefully I will eventually show negative on the hpv.

Congrats to you!

Old 09-10-2009, 09:11 AM   #7
(male)

jbay HB User

Thanks girl for those suggestions! From now on, my diet will be consisting of lots of grapefruits/Pomelos (they're under the same family). I wonder about those green teas, is it ok to get those green teas at the grocery store? or it has to be those "special ones with herbs"? Anyhow, it's interesting that i'm the only guy who complains about my HPVs. Boy, my immune system must have been really bad. I'm still holding my tonsillectomy procedure (for those who didnt know I have HPV on tonsil) as I feel i dont need one...I really hope there's cure for this dreadful cancer causing disease, or even a treatment that you constantly take... Hey tiggy44, maybe you can post your day-to-day diet on what you eat so some of us HPV pos ones can maybe follow (just a suggestion)...dont give up hope ladies... I'll keep posted of my progress while trying those high antioxidant foods...

Jake

ps: btw, may I ask how old are you?

Old 09-11-2009, 02:45 AM   #8
(female)

tiggy44 HB User

wow thank you all so much--- (((((((mom)))))))) i will pray for you. I wish you the best. Keep your head held high and think positive. You will be fine .jmalu- take it easy LOLOL i cant post my daily diet. About green tea, yes in a grocery store. Iced tea form, hot tea. i even bought green tea suckers yummy. My daily diet jmalu - basically yogurt, bananas, fruit mostly berries. any kid. Grapefruit juice
green tea, lots of water. Not much fried food. where do you live? I am 42 almost 43 UGHH had hpv for almost 2 yrs. Find it odd its negative? is it hiding??? Ok multivitamin,garlic pills, cranberry extreact pill. Guys I dont know what you need. Anyway. keep your immune system strong research some herbal supplements for immune system. I dont drink alcohol. I do smoke =( GRRR Kivyt you can wait a yr. Good Luck =) Ok I have to egt ready for work. Keep thinking positve, get regular checkups, take those vitamins very important. Drink tons of water. LOL
you are all wonderful

Last edited by tiggy44; 09-11-2009 at 02:56 AM. Reason: didnt like post

Closed Thread