It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #1
(female)

coorsxlightx HB User
reallly uncertain

so i had hpv 2 years ago, i had surgery to lazer my cervix and its been removed - because precancerous cells had formed. however, my last pap they found abnormality but told me it should clear up on it's own and scheduled me for an apt. 6 months down the road. well, recently one morning i woke up and i started bleeding everywhere after peeing. it was terrible and it stopped the rest of the day. the next evening i had sex and i was bleeding everywhere. i waited a couple days thinking possibly it was just my period clearing up before few days before that i had just got off my period. well it happened again & i got an appointment with my gyno. he jus switched me off my birth control onto a more powerful one, but when he pushed on my right lower side it hurt really bad. he also said my cervix looked great and there wasn't anything he could see - not even blood or anything. the bleeding just turned on like a faucet for 5 or 10 mins then stopped basically. after switching to a new birth control, the last few days when i pee, i was having greyish weird stuff coming out, now today it is brown? does anybody have a clue if possibly its just my new birth control doing this? or if i really should get another opinion?

Last edited by coorsxlightx; 09-09-2009 at 01:51 PM.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:03 PM   #2
(female)

BE 123 HB User
Re: could it be cancer?

You should, at a minimum, ask for a pap and hpv test, and probably an ultrasound or endometrial sampling as well. What was the level of your abnormality requiring laser surgery? Was it an ablation or excision (i.e. laser cone)? How much was removed?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2009, 07:42 PM   #3
(female)

coorsxlightx HB User
Re: could it be cancer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brieaukirsch View Post
You should, at a minimum, ask for a pap and hpv test, and probably an ultrasound or endometrial sampling as well. What was the level of your abnormality requiring laser surgery? Was it an ablation or excision (i.e. laser cone)? How much was removed?
i already had a pap in june & thats why im supposed to go back in december. and i think my abnormality was the stage right before it turned into cancer. i am unsure what an ablation or excision is though?

Closed Thread