It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #1
(female)

missilesb HB User
oral sex and hpv

I just recently gave oral sex to someone who has genital warts, what are my odds of catching this from him? This happened about a month ago.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: oral sex and hpv

It is possible. There was skin to skin contact and that is how HPV is transmitted. Just because you have the virus doesn't mean you'll get warts, but it is certainly possible.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2009, 08:26 PM   #3
(male)

jbay HB User

Yes, thats how I got mine! there's also a study that french kissing can transmit HPV as well and in the near future i wouldnt be surprise kissing itself can transmit HPV... My dermatologist told me to avoid cheek-to-cheek kisses as it produce facial warts, so if cheek-to-cheek kisses can produce facial warts because it's a skin to skin contact how much more with kissing (french or whatever)... Eventually we'll end up wrapping ourselves in a bubble so we dont get any kind of virus.... (sigh)

be healthy,
Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by missilesb View Post
I just recently gave oral sex to someone who has genital warts, what are my odds of catching this from him? This happened about a month ago.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #4
(female)

missilesb HB User

Jake,

How do you know when you are going to have an outbreak of warts in your mouth/throat? Whent his happens, how are they treated? Is it possible that if you receive oral warts that you can also contract them vaginally even if no intercourse had taken place?

Old 09-11-2009, 08:33 PM   #5
(male)

jbay HB User

Hi missi,

How do you know when you are going to have an outbreak of warts in your mouth/throat? well, it first started when I had an on and off tonsillitis for five days, one of the reasons why it got on and off because i was not really treating my tonsillitis well, i didnt take any antibiotics or whatever you take to relieve tonsillitis. Then after that i had a fever for a day, like barely a fever. I was still able to workout and run etc. Then week after that, i felt something stuck on my throat. so I finally went to ENT and the doctor said it was a polyp and in 5 days i have to remove my tonsils. I freaked out and change doctor, the doctor said it's a cyst (cuz it looks like a bump with whitish color), he said to cauterize it in his clinic, when we scheduled the cauterization he changed his mind and i have to go to Operating Room, I freaked out and thought he probably doesnt know what he was doing. I changed a 3rd doctor, when he tried to cauterize it, he realized it didnt pop/burst. Usually, cyst burst once you cauterize it. He said to biopsy it to make sure it's not cancerous but he's 99% sure it's Papilloma virus (which is HPV) 5 days i got my biopsy it was confirmed that it's HPV! There my life completely changed!!! Im suppose to schedule tonsillectomy once it starts to spread. I believe the only way to find out it's spreading is to have doctors see it. For the 1st 2 months he asked me to visit him every 2 weeks. So far it's not spreading according to him. Because I had HPV, I went to see a Colon-Rectal Surgeon to see if i have HPV there. He said im fine and wondered why i went to see him for anal warts, i explain everything and he said he'll find me a doctor that does tonsillectomy as outpatient as where I live they dont have the laser machine to use so they do it the old fashion way (ofcourse with anesthesia).
s it possible that if you receive oral warts that you can also contract them vaginally even if no intercourse had taken place?
yes, you will get them even no intercourse had taken place. yes, it sucks cuz i've always informed that oral sex has low risk activity in terms of STDs, apparently not! They should just tell us that any sex has high risk of exposure to STDs. After almost 5 months from my last sex (always wear condoms) i went for rapid HIV testing and it went negative. Life would have been easier if there's a way to test yourself on HPV. Ofcourse it will be a lot better if you there's a medicine for HPV that you take orally.
Btw, how did you know he has genital warts? i wish someone told me so I could have dump that person and avoid this ridiculous disease. I'm telling you, my plans of doing some world traveling came to halt because of this!!! Ugghh... Sucks so much! So ladies, be aware of your body, just because you're meeting that nice guy doesnt mean anything at all. I would suggest to talk about these situations like HPV and STDs before having sex. The vaccine only protects your from 4 or 5 HPV strains, and there are a lot of HPV strains! So be careful and stay healthy...

enjoy your weekend,
Jake

Old 10-22-2009, 07:50 PM   #6
(male)

niarb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by missilesb View Post
i think there is only 1 percent of chances u can get the virus since our saliva is one of our protective shield, don't get urself stress for that, worry of genital warts instead if u have sex uprotected

Closed Thread