It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
(female)

question09 HB User
Warts??

My boyfriend and I have been together 3 years now. Just recently he had pumps show up on his penis so we went to the doctor and he confirmed that it was warts! I have never had a breakout..he has never had them before...for 3 years no symptoms or signs. Does this mean one of us was a carrier and didn't know...or how does that work?? We are mortified! please help??

Old 09-15-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Warts??

Quote:
Originally Posted by question09 View Post
Does this mean one of us was a carrier and didn't know...or how does that work?? We are mortified! please help??
Yes. Both of you now have the strain of HPV (or more than one) that caused his wart(s).

What do you mean by "How does this work?" Do you mean how did they just show up? or what do you do now?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2009, 06:40 AM   #3
(female)

question09 HB User

What I mean by "how does this work" is I guess I'm just shocked that after 3 years they are just now showing up...it just seems so bizarre. I mean is it possible to carry this strain of HPV and just not know about it for that extended amount of time...I would think when one of us was originally infected that that would be when a "breakout" would occur.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Yes, it is absolutely possible for both of you to have the virus for several years without knowing about it or without it causing any problems. Sometimes it takes months, years, or even decades before the damage is begun or detected.

Stress can lower the immune system so it no longer keeps the virus at bay. Then it can begin causing problems.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:24 PM   #5
(female)

sosickofthis HB User

yes its very possible you both have you need to tell your gyno right away some you can be tested for the strain that causes cancer.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:14 PM   #6
(male)

jbay HB User

yes, welcome to the world of HPV! That's how HPV "work" no symptoms and/or signs then one day BOOM! you've got warts. I'm a guy and i rather have one on my penis than on my tonsil. cuz now i'm waiting when will I have my tonsillectomy. I'm sooo going to miss my tonsils!!! Go to your gynecologist and have it check. Men tend to have lower risk when expose to HPV but doesnt hurt to have him check as well. Yes, it's best to find what strains your have and how many, that will determine your risk to cancer, lets just assume all types of cancer as HPV is now link to many many types of cancer. Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #7
(female)

zoeymk HB User

We just found out that my husband has HPV. He has visible warts and the dr. said they'd go away w/in 2 years. I know this sounds crazy, but he's had it for years and it's just now shown up (as is normal according to what I'm reading), but I can't imagine using a condom everytime we have sex now. I'm sure I have it already, but can it spread more by having unprotected sex? The warts are small and there aren't that many. It seems too much to have them frozen off (painful, etc) and they don't really bother me. I guess my question is, will the actual warts cause it to spread worse than it probably already has? Thanks for any advice from those who have been through this! (his dr said it is the low risk, non cancerous type)

Last edited by zoeymk; 10-23-2009 at 08:08 PM.

Old 10-24-2009, 01:38 PM   #8
(female)

sosickofthis HB User

go to your dr and tell him to check you for HPV and find out what kind it is, if you and him have had unprotected sex i can't imagine it could get any worse. it is what it is. but i'd ask my gyno to be sure.

Closed Thread