It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2009, 03:16 AM   #1
(female)

gottaquestion24 HB User
Question Is it really forever?

I have been abstinent for over two years now. When I was diagnosed with a low risk, wart causing strand of HPV, I told my boyfriend at the time. I just did for him what wasn't done for me. I told the truth and he left me. It really scarred me and I just don't know if I can ever tell someone that again. So I have remained abstinent because I don't want to give this to someone else but now I have found a really great guy. I want to be honest but i'm really really scared he'll leave me too. I haven't had an outbreak in over a year and a half. Is there ever a point where it goes away? I know at some point it does become dormant but can you still pass it at that time? Do you ever stop being contagious?

Old 09-27-2009, 04:31 AM   #2
(male)

jbay HB User
Re: Is it really forever?

Hi!
There are some cases that it got away from their bodies. Like the one from the Doctors TV. The woman under a screen name tiggy in this message board got rid off from her system too. I'm very hopeful that it'll go away. I have one or god forbid a lot. There are some research that men get rid off more than women. But considering there were 2 women living proof that they got rid off it then im sure you have hope. I think it's best to stay abstinent. Let your body fight the virus first. We live in an age where you can test if it's active from your body or not. Best for you, there is a way to test for it for women than men. For men, there is no way to test if you have HPV or not only through warts. It's a possibility that you have in your system but no warts showing. So in so many ways you're lucky.
As for your relationship issue. Honey, if he leaves you because of it then he's a jerk (sorry just my opinion). I know you probably dont care about my opinion, but i'm a firm believer that anyone who's in a relationship and couldnt accept what is part of who you are then i dont think it's worth spending your time with that person. This virus is part of our bodies and if we can't be honest to anyone especially to our partners then what's the point. I think it comes down to is it ok to lie to your partner or not. Who knows he probably have it too. Btw, if both of you have it, there's a possibility that those HPV strains that you have and he doesnt have those strains, you might end up exposing him to those strains and vice versa. Good luck honey. Stay focus on loving yourself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2009, 07:38 PM   #3
(female)

sosickofthis HB User
Re: Is it really forever?

only a dr can tell you if your still positive, my understanding is you will always test positive for it and will always have it. thats why it is so easily and often spread, you don't usually know you have it. more people have hpv than don't. chances are he could have it to and not even know it.

Closed Thread