It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2009, 07:32 AM   #1
(female)

bibi2009 HB User
is oral sex safe?

hi
i am 30, diagnosed with High risk HPV in Dec 08 after had unprotected sex ( once)August 09 had a cone biopsy( operation in my cervix) because i had CIN2.
I have a boyfriend, i love him and he doesnt know about my virus..today i will tell him..and i need to know what to say to him in order for him to be ok with it!

I need to know if oral sex is dangerous..!and for how long do i have to use a condom during sex? is that realistic?

Canb VItamin A help in fighting HPV??

Many thanks

B

Old 09-29-2009, 10:33 AM   #2
(male)

jbay HB User
Re: is oral sex safe?

If you love him then wear a condom. Any form of sexual activities can transmit HPVs so as any types of stds. Even with condoms there are possibilities of getting HPVs. There are thousands of HPV strains, so what you have could add some more if you do it without protection. Be aware that even with condoms you can get those because not all can be covered with condoms (ie balls)...jake

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2009, 07:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

There are over 100 strains of HPV, more than 30 of those strains can affect the genitals (vulva, vagina, cervix, penis, anus/rectum, mouth/throat). Condoms offer some protection against HPV, but not complete protection, as Jake said.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:42 AM   #4
(female)

bibi2009 HB User

thanks..but what i really wanted to know was if i perform oral sex, would i get cancer?
how can i use protection all the timeS? ie in 3 years time?

Old 09-30-2009, 05:00 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Will you? No one knows.

Is it possible to be exposed to the virus (HPV) which can lead to cancer while giving or receiving oral sex, absolutely.

Is it possible to get oral cancer from HPV, yes.

How can you protect yourself from getting HPV? Don't have sexual contact with anyone.

How can you reduce your exposure to HPV, aside from complete abstinence? Stay in a long term, mutually monogamous relationship. Live a healthy lifestyle: don't smoke, drink minimal alcohol, eat healthy foods, get plenty of exercise and rest, stay hydrated, learn to handle stress. Many people claim that various nutritional supplements and other treatments can help your body fight the negative effects of HPV. The only one I know for certain that can help is folic acid.

I don't understand your comment about "ie in 3 years time".

Old 10-02-2009, 07:22 AM   #6
(female)

fancypants1 HB User

There is no way of knowing if he will be "okay" with it...some are...some aren't. But, I believe that if he loves you as you love him that he will be willing to take the chance and stay with you. Just remember that you always risk rejection with this but if he isn't okay with it, then it's better to know earlier in the relationship because if he bales out on you for this then he won't stick around and be supportive with other things you may face in the future.

Closed Thread