It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2009, 03:31 PM   #1
(male)

Nossy HB User
Freaked Out and Lost

So, a couple of months ago, my girlfriend calls me and tells me she just left her doctor's office and has beed diagnosed with a high risk strain of non-wart producing genital HPV.

I am the only person she has ever slept with; pretty much, I'm the only person she's ever done anything what-so-ever with. This means I'm surely the one that has given it to her, meaning obviously, I had or still have the virus.

I have done a ton of research online and know there's no test for men. What I just don't understand is why this is not being pursued very much when it could keep men who are carrying the virus from infecting others until their bodies have fought it off?

This is my main fear, that since there is no way for me to be tested, if she gets through it and her immune system clears her, how am I ever to know whether or not I'm going to keep reinfecting her or not? Anymore we've decided not to have sex again until we're married so I don't have to worry about it right now, but what about later on?

Old 10-05-2009, 01:49 AM   #2
(female)

gizmo33 HB User
Re: Freaked Out and Lost

i don't know a lot about hpv but i would recommend to tell you girlfriend to go get the hpv vaccine. That won't prevent all strains of hpv but it does vaccinate against the ones most likely to cause cervical cancer. I have also heard once you infected by one strain of hpv you develop an immunity to that strain so if you have the same strain she should'nt be able to get that strain again. Like i said i don't know this is true for sure but i did read that somewhere so maybe you should tell your girlfriend to ask her doctor about that.
I wish the best of luck to both of you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread