It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2009, 07:04 AM   #1
(female)

fancypants1 HB User
HPV and Herpes

I have Herpes I and II and have had it for a long time. I also know that I have had HPV since I contracted Herpes because I had the skin tags when pregnant and have had abnormal paps but don't know which strain. I have a partner that I have been sexually involved with for about 6 months. I had "the talk" with him before we ever became intimate. He thanked me for my honesty and said it was very admirable. I asked him his history and he said he was tested 3 years ago and has only been with one other but that they did not go get tested because he trusted her. The last time we were intimate was about 2 weeks ago and about a week ago I noticed a pimple in the roof of my mouth. It now feels rough and I can feel crevices in the area with my tongue. The area is about the size of a silver dollar. It isn't sore, doesn't bleed, or painful but it was a little tender yesterday and isn't today. Does this sound like maybe genital warts in the mouth or maybe herpes? I'm very concerned not only for myself but my child is always picking up my glass and drinking after me. Couldn't somebody pass it to another by sharing a drink too?

Old 10-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

coping63 HB User
Re: HPV and Herpes

ok, the roof of the mouth could be from an upset stomach causing an ulcer, to pass herpes you have to have skin to skin contact with the infected area, so shaing a glass is highly unlikely, but I would still try to keep your child from drinking behind you, I know that is a hard task....(lol) I have never heard of genital warts in the mouth, HPV goes away on its own within two years of exposure unless you get re-infected with it.. Try to relax and if your mouth issue doesn't get any better, just go have a looks see.. I think you will be just fine.. take care........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2009, 07:13 PM   #3
(female)

fancypants1 HB User
Re: HPV and Herpes

Thanks, I have been so paranoid and demanded my boyfriend go to the doctor and be tested since he said he was clean but hasn't been tested in 3 years. I found online where you could get warts in the mouth from oral sex and didn't know that before.

Closed Thread