It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2009, 09:16 PM   #1
(male)

AntMackey HB User
Do I have HPV?

I posted this same thing on the herpes message board as well and I post it here again to describe the symptoms and whatnot. Here's the story:

A little over three years ago, I was completely drunk one night and had a one night stand with a girl who was pretty well known to be promiscuous. It was probably the worst decision of my life. I only had insertive penile-vaginal sex with her for a couple minutes but I know after being obsessed with the subject for three years that it doesn't really matter how long you have sex with somebody in order for them to transmit herpes to you.

I'm not sure exactly how much later I had symptoms (probably 4 or 5 days), but basically I was at work one day and felt kinda sick, just a sore throat pretty much and general malaise. The sickness only lasted for a couple days if I'm recalling correctly. I looked down and noticed these bumps on my groin area. They were not on my penis at all; just in the pubic region. They were reddish looking, like pimples. They weren't clustered together like many of the herpes pictures I've seen on the Internet. They were spaced apart, but there were at least like 25 or 30 of them. In fact, I think I popped a couple of them and white stuff came out, like a pimple pretty much. Some, I think blood just came. I don't know, I can't really remember that well.

They completely healed and never blistered or anything like that. Also, I would like to note, they were not painful at all. In fact, I don't even recall them being very itchy. They just kind of went away. So, that freaked me out but I never got tested.

Then, for the next couple years, sometimes I would feel a burning sensation (mostly on my butt) and I would look then and my butt would look like there were pimple looking things on it again. But they would stay there for a long time. Sometimes, they would seem to be there for a month or a month and a half. Only one other time over that two year period these pimple looking things would show up on my groin area. They would mostly be on my butt. But I would feel what appeared to be that nerve pain in the butt that I've read about. Sometimes, I would get that and nothing would show up.

Now, before I had sex with this girl, I do recall getting pimples on my butt before. I can't remember if I ever had any kind of nerve pain in my butt, but I think I may have. However, for the past year, I haven't had any outbreaks of these pimple looking things. I've done tons of research on the net about herpes, looked at pictures, etc. What I have had never hurt; at the most, it would itch a little but nothing crazy. And the symptoms that I've had didn't look like the herpes pictures on the net. But I also have read that everybody's herpes symptoms are different and are easily mistaken for different things.

Well, three days ago I finally decided to get tested. Mind you, its been over three years since this encounter. I haven't hooked up with anyone since that time out of fear that I would pass it on to them (not that all the girls are banging on my door anyway). So, I went to the laboratory and got the HerpeSelect Type 1&2 IgG ELISA test done. Two days later my results came back:

HSV-1: Negative
HSV-2: Negative

I don't understand this. I'm happy that the result came back negative, but trying to find information on the Internet about HPV is a nightmare. I've also been tested for the other STDs (HIV, Syphillis, Gonorreah, Chlamydia, all negative). I mean, at this point I'm pretty confident it's not herpes either. I got the good blood test done and it had been a long time since I feel like I was infected with something. The window of time was great enough to where antibodies would've been present if I had it. Is it AT ALL possible that what I described in HPV? Everything I read talks about warts. What I've had don't really look like warts. They kind of looked like mosquito bites. Honestly, I really don't even care if I have HPV. I would really just like to know what the fu*k I have and it's becoming aggravating thinking about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread