It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2009, 03:06 PM   #1
(female)

alfawolfet HB User
Question HPV Health Problems

I have been diagnosed with high risk HPV 16 & 18 which cause cancer five months ago. I am 32 years old and have only had 5 sex partners in my life time and have been married for 6 years. I have one son who is 16 years old and I have not been able to get pregnant since. For the last month and a half I have had many health problems. I have been in the hospital and to my doctor many times and have had many test ran. They are still unsure as to what is causing all my health problems. I have an appointment with my OBGYN this week. When I called my OBGYN and told them my health problems that I was having they said it could be the HPV that is causing them. As of right now and for over a month I have had a bladder infection, constipation for 3 weeks, swollen and tender breast, and extreme stomach pain and swelling. I took a blood pregnancy test and it came back negative. They want me to test again in 10 days. But I gave up on ever getting pregnant a long time ago. Has anyone else had health problems due to HPV. If so please respond. Thank you...

Old 10-25-2009, 08:10 PM   #2
(female)

sosickofthis HB User
Re: HPV Health Problems

I have not felt "good" in over a year, i was diagnosed with hpv almost a year ago. i would definetly go to my obgyn asap and be checked for cervical cancer or any other kind for that matter. i don't know if hpv makes you sick or not, but it is a virus so it would seem like it would at times make you feel bad. let me know what the doc says about it. good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2009, 04:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

I had cervical cancer (adenocarcinoma Ia1) and never had any symptoms which could be attributed to HPV or the cancer, not even bad paps.

I suspect your symptoms are caused by something other than HPV.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:04 PM   #4
(female)

alfawolfet HB User

I have a appointment with my OBGYN this week and hopefully I will get some answers as to what is going on with me. As of right now my breast have been swollen and tender for over a month. I started what I think is a period yesterday which is on time. It is really light and started out a light pink color and now is a little darker. But only spotting. But my breast are still hurting which is not normal for me. My breast tenderness goes away once my period starts. I took a pregnancy blood test a little over a week ago but they want me to retest again in 10 days. Hopefully I will find out what is going on with me soon. I am scared of having cancer since it runs very high on my moms side of the family. Please keep me in your prays and thank you for all your reply's.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:38 AM   #5
(female)

sosickofthis HB User

I would insist my dr run every test possible and find out what is wrong. If you truly feel something is wrong you could be right, and since its been going on for only a month or two maybe its still very early.be very very persistent alot of times they will brush you off.i will pray for you good luck. Let us know

Old 10-28-2009, 04:34 PM   #6
(female)

alfawolfet HB User

Well I went to my OBGYN today and she said that my HPV has nothing to do with my health problems. Which I was really glad to hear. She had me go and have my blood taken and is running some tests. She is going to check my hormone levels and other things. She is also going to give me a medicine that will help me get pregnant. Which really makes me happy since I have been trying for a very long time with no results. She did a breast exam and said she didn't feel any abnormal lumps. I go and see her again next week to get my test results. Thank you to all who responded to my post. I'm glad that its all going to be okay.

Closed Thread