It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
(male)

bailey09 HB User
HPV symptoms, are they the same as the person you get it from?

I have started dating a girl and she has told me(luckily) that she has HPV from a past relationship.
She got it around the start of this year.

We haven't had sex yet because of this, and the doctors here say that it will take 2 years to get rid of the virus.
They say that if we were to have sex before then, even with a condom, I would definitely get it.

I know there are many kinds of HPV, she has one of the kinds that has results in genital warts, ie she has 1 wart, and is treating at the moment.
My question is, when the wart is gone if we were to have sex with a condom and I still got HPV, would I get warts as well?

So basically, if her HPV gives her warts, will I get the same symptoms? or will it be different for me?

I ask because this is likely to be a serious longterm relationship, and from what I've read it seems like HPV is pretty common, and usually guys that are healthy can easily fight off the virus. So I'm not that worried about getting it, as long as I'm not gonna be covered in warts.

One further question, if I do get warts, will they completely disappear in time, or stick around?
Thanks for your help.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:38 AM   #2
(female)

gottaquestion24 HB User
Re: HPV symptoms, are they the same as the person you get it from?

Everyone is different but if she has a strain of HPV that causes genital warts then I believe that's probably the same way it will affect you. It mostly depends on your immune system though. Some people go their whole lives and never see one thing but are still a carrier and still pass it on. If you don't smoke or drink and if you eat right and exercise regularly then hopefully you'll never see a lesion. From what I understand, even if you do clear the virus you can still pass it on. Clearing the virus just means it's dormant. It takes most people two years but it's a virus. It's with you forever so if your immune system ever becomes compromised then you are at risk to have another outbreak. There are cases of people testing positive then a little while later testing negative for the virus. Those are some pretty lucky people though! Good luck hun! I hope everything works out for ya'll.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2009, 07:19 PM   #3
(female)

sosickofthis HB User
Re: HPV symptoms, are they the same as the person you get it from?

i would definetly wait until the wart was gone. you will get the type she has, you may never see a wart though. if you have sex just watch and as soon as you think you may have one (put vinegar on it, if it turns white it is a wart) get it checked. you may even have it already. something like 80% of the population has it. i don't think you'll be coevered inwarts though.

Closed Thread