It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2009, 09:43 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User
Post Spotting from LEEP or my regular period??

My last cycle was Oct 5th. I had LEEP done on Oct. 17th. (BTW, THANK YOY PICKLE EYES for your answer to my other question).

The Gyn said it would be normal to spot/lightly bleed for three weeks or so. As I was told, there was only spotting (reddish-brownish) the first few days after the procedure. However, the spotting has been more profuse about one and one-half weeks after the procedure (but not as heavy as my "normal" period would be--for me the heaviest day of my cycle is the second and third, and by the fourth day it significantly diminishes--always had 'light' periods).

So, I'm wondering if what I'm experiencing now is my "regular" period, or is it normal to still be bleeding a little bit by the end of week 2 after LEEP.

P.S. I've had "irregular" periods for a while now--meaning, some come earlier and some come later than the usual 25-27 days I've always experienced. Could this also be some form of the often-talked about "cycle" that women go through at different times in their lives (I'm 39)?

In any case, I will call my gyn, but I thought someone one here would be able to shed some light faster...

Thanks!

Old 11-02-2009, 09:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Spotting from LEEP or my regular period??

You are welcome Dakota Skye!

My last 6 or 7 periods (prior to my hyst) were odd and irratic, though never heavier than usual. I am not sure exactly why my periods were off, but I suspect it had a LOT to do with stress and medical procedures.

In December, 2007 (before my cancer diagnosis in June 2008) I had UFE (uterine fibroid embolization) to shrink the size of my uterine fibroid. In March, I had a colposcopy with an ECC. In late March I had a CKC (cold knife cone biopsy). In addition to those test I also had an MRI of my brain, EKGs, and a host of other tests.

Anyway, I've heard and read that following gynecological procedures it can take the body a few months (or more) to get back to "normal" and that "normal" may be a new normal.

I hope that helps.

BTW, how are you feeling?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread