It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #1
(female)

strawberries87 HB User
Do a lot of people have HPV?

I was just wondering if a lot of people are infected with HPV. I read online that a lot of people are and are unaware. How do they know this is the people are unaware?
Also... I went to the emergency room in the room ( I do not have a doctor... isnt Ontario wonderful for that?) Anyways... I was seen by a doctor because I had very bad pain near my uterus... He did a pap test and when he did this a vaginal examination. He looked at bumps I had down there ( Bumps I had been using tea tree oil for because I assumed they were genital warts ) I hadsymptoms of it a few weeks after infection... The itchiness... the little tiny bumps that went away on there own. The feeling like something was crawling on me down there... Actually I thought I had crabs or something. (I didnt) He examined me and told me that genital warts had a distinct appearance and that what I had did not look like genital warts. He said it looked like ingrown hairs (which I frequently get because I have coarse hair and I wax/ and shave a lot...
I would go to my health clinic but its the SAME doctor working there... when I told him y concerns for genital warts he kind of seemed rude and told me I wasnt listening to him. He said not to believe everything you read online. He treated me for gonherria and claymidia just in case because I was having pain in my uterus and a green discharge... wow that sounds gross i know.
Also I sometimes get these red little bumps on my bum... they go away when I put tea tree oil on them in a day or two or three days. They do not hurt... there more annoying then anything... but I didnt develop this until the time I started developing symptoms of genital warts.
Can you get a gynocologist appt if you have symptoms and signs of HPV? I dont trust that doctor...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2009, 06:12 PM   #2
(female)

strawberries87 HB User
Re: Do a lot of people have HPV?

Also.
If a woman developes warts on the opening of her vagina. Which I think I have.
How are those treated?
There are so many different web sites which state different things. I dont know what to think anymore. Helllllllp.
I was with my boyfriend and he never had any signsa of genital warts whatsoever. Then I was with a new bf.. when that stupid doctor told me it was nothing to worry about.. and he doesnt have any signs of genital warts either... Could it be possibly this strain effects mainly women?

Old 11-10-2009, 06:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Do a lot of people have HPV?

There are very few "signs" of HPV. Low risk HPV can cause genital warts. Those warts could appear at any of the following locations: vulva, vagina, cervix, penis, anus/rectum, mouth/throat. High risk HPV can cause probllems at any of those locations, but high risk HPV causes cellular changes which usually don't "show up" until someone is diagnosed with some sort of dysplasia or atypia.

With each and every new sexual partner (and not just sexual intercourse, but even with many foreplay activities) it is possible (and quite likely) that you and your new partner are swapping strains of HPV. Not everyone exhibits symptoms from each and ever strain of HPV. It is entirely possible to have more than one strain of HPV at one time and both types of HPV.

When it comes to information from the internet, I strongly suggest you start with the Center for Diasese Control in the USA. It is a highly reliable source. I suggest you seek information from locations other than discussion boards and/or places that sell products, at least until you have a good solid understanding of the virus and its effects. :twocents:

Last edited by Pickle Eyes; 11-10-2009 at 06:59 PM. Reason: added last half of last sentence for clarification

Closed Thread