It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
(female)

pinkrobot HB User
could use some feedback from someone who's used aldara cream

I was just diagnosed with vaginal dysplasia that may or may not have been due to HPV--never been tested for HPV though. The dysplasia usually doesn't cause symptoms, but I do have awful symptoms, so I'm being treated with Aldara for 3 months.

The info that came with it at the pharmacy says it'll take several weeks to work. I'm wondering how long I will have to use it before I start to notice results of any kind--not necessarily complete elimination of my symptoms, but a noticeable difference. I've only used two doses (out of 36) so far, and obviously haven't noticed any changes. I'm trying really hard not to get discouraged, because I've been battling this for almost 2 years.

Help! Feedback, anyone?

Old 11-16-2009, 05:20 PM   #2
(male)

Branman HB User
Re: could use some feedback from someone who's used aldara cream

Hey. I've been using Aldara for less than two weeks. I had a few small warts on my penis that were approximately 1 mm wide (or smaller).

First things first... don't get discouraged. I didn't notice any differences for a week. And then they became slightly larger and a bit red. Its a few days later now and most of them are gone!! No blistering or pain either.

I read up on it and apparantly Aldara usually takes at least 2 weeks to work, but most people find it works in around 4 to 6 weeks. Even if you don't notice a difference after a few more weeks, just keep at it, because you almost definately will! I was discouraged at first just like you, but then it started working and I've felt great.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #3
(female)

pinkrobot HB User

Thanks for the reply, Branman. Before they discovered what was going on, I was treated with a billion different things for all kinds of conditions I didn't have so it's hard to stay positive about this. But hopefully the Aldara works, I have a good feeling about it!

Old 11-18-2009, 01:19 PM   #4
(male)

Branman HB User

just remember that you might not see ANY results for weeks. That doesn't mean its not working though.

Like I didn't see results for a week and then within three days, half of them were gone. There are some that still haven't changed much, but I'm fairly confident they will be gone soon as well since the others are.

I hope it all works out for you. Keep your head up.

bran

Closed Thread