It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2009, 02:46 PM   #1
(male)

initially2 HB User
Need some help with some questions!

Hi everyone,

I'm a gay male and I recently found out I have HPV (ugh!). I've read up on a lot of info about HPV but I still have some questions.

1. HPV can be contracted orally, I know. If I were to give someone unprotected oral sex, is there a chance the person could get it? How about kissing? I believe it depends on where the warts are, and in this case, I have very small warts on the head of my penis that seem to be contained in a small area, but nowhere else.

2. The body takes 6 - 8 months to control the virus and after a period of time, the body can prevent the virus from transmission and outbreaks of warts. Is there any way to know when the body has successfully suppressed the virus?

3. Is there any way to speed up/help the amount of time it takes for the body to control the virus in the 6 - 8 months?

3. When the body is able to suppress the virus, does this mean that if I have unprotected sex, whether it be oral or anal, that my partner will not be infected?

Any help would be really great!

Old 11-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #2
(female)

bhindblueeyes HB User
Re: Need some help with some questions!

These are some excellent questions, but I am afraid I do not have answers to all of them. In regards to your first question, all that I know has been gained from info. I have read, in regards to many people getting throat cancer(s) due to giving oral sex to someone who has HPV. I'm not sure about the transmission of HPV via kissing. Cold sores are a form of herpes and can be transmitted via kissing, but HPV is not herpes! I'm not sure if you giving someone oral sex can in turn give them HPV . . . but now I am very interested in finding out. Even if you and your partner are protected, one may still get HPV, just an FYI from some info. my Dr. gave me when I was first diagnosed.

I know that my post is essentially useless as I have answered absolutely nothing . . . < edited >

Have you tried talking to your Dr. or even calling a resource center such as Planned Parenthood, which specializes in info. regarding sex, safe sex, and STDs/STIs?

Last edited by hb-mod; 11-28-2009 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Please don't post disallowed websites as per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
(female)

sowrong HB User
Re: Need some help with some questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by initially2 View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm a gay male and I recently found out I have HPV (ugh!). I've read up on a lot of info about HPV but I still have some questions.

1. HPV can be contracted orally, I know. If I were to give someone unprotected oral sex, is there a chance the person could get it? How about kissing? I believe it depends on where the warts are, and in this case, I have very small warts on the head of my penis that seem to be contained in a small area, but nowhere else.

2. The body takes 6 - 8 months to control the virus and after a period of time, the body can prevent the virus from transmission and outbreaks of warts. Is there any way to know when the body has successfully suppressed the virus?

3. Is there any way to speed up/help the amount of time it takes for the body to control the virus in the 6 - 8 months?

3. When the body is able to suppress the virus, does this mean that if I have unprotected sex, whether it be oral or anal, that my partner will not be infected?

Any help would be really great!
Well lets see. I had it 10 years ago and have had no symtoms since. However, I met my husband 6 years later. I have had normal paps and i do not test possitive for the virus. However, my husband came down with warts 4 years after we were married. So on that note I would say yes you can pass it on and you will always be infected.

Closed Thread