It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2009, 06:55 AM   #1
(female)

MellyMell HB User
Unhappy Confused and not sure how to talk to husband

I was diagnosed with warts yesterday. My husband and I have been together for 6 years and have had 2 kids. I have been faithful, and I assume he has been too.

I have never had this before, although 13 yrs ago I had cancer in situ removed from my cervix. Could I have had it that long and just now getting warts? How do I tell my husband? I am totally confused....

Old 11-19-2009, 07:39 AM   #2
(male)

fearful01 HB User
Re: Confused and not sure how to talk to husband

i dont know cause i have bad news i have to tell my family to but i dont know how

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2009, 04:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

MellyMell, I'm not totally sure how to tell your husband. I advise you to tell him sooner than later.

It is possible for the low risk strain(s) of HPV which caused your warts are years old and that it is/they are just now activating. Stress can cause HPV to cause damage when it hadn't previously caused damage.

High risk HPV (which led to the in situ diagnosis and treatment) does not cause genital warts. Low risk HPV which cause genital warts does not (as far as I've read and understand) lead to cellular changes (like dysplasia, in situ diagnoses, or cancer).

It is possible for someone to have been exposed to at least one strain of HPV at his/her earliest sexual encounter (not just sexual intercourse; many forms of foreplay can transmit HPV). HPV always stays in the body. It just doesn't always cause damage that is detected by doctors and/or medical tests.

I hope that helps.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:10 PM   #4
(female)

destiny dawn HB Userdestiny dawn HB User

MellyMel,
I was treated for CIN3 only a few months back. i had a pelvic exam last week due to cramps and my doc said I have vaginal lesions as well as an irritated cervix. She said i have Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), possibly caused by HPV. I guess this means i have genital warts? at least i hope so, otherwise vaginal lesions sounds like cancer or something!! Anyways, i also have been with my spouse for 6 years and we've had three children together. up till now, i assumed that i was clear of any std's due to the fact that i gave birth to three healthy children. i am going to research into how this can be and will report back if i find anything useful. please let me know what you learn too. i'm so confused by all of this! take care,
-destiny

Old 11-27-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
(female)

bhindblueeyes HB User

I would suggest getting more info. from your Dr., specifically your OBGYN, in regards to your question about how long you may hae had HPV. I also suggest bringing your husband with you. If you tell him with a professional present (or before the appt.), he will have the opportunity to ask the questions that he may have. Together, you will be able to learn more about HPV. I know this is not easy, but as long as you are in a supportive, loving relationship, you will overcome this difficult time. Good luck to you both!

Old 11-27-2009, 09:25 PM   #6
(female)

sosickofthis HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellyMell View Post
I was diagnosed with warts yesterday. My husband and I have been together for 6 years and have had 2 kids. I have been faithful, and I assume he has been too.

I have never had this before, although 13 yrs ago I had cancer in situ removed from my cervix. Could I have had it that long and just now getting warts? How do I tell my husband? I am totally confused....
my understanding is you can have this for years and never have a symptom. then all of a sudden you a have a wart. i was married many years to an unfaithful man and didn't have a problem until 3 years after we divorced.

Closed Thread