It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2009, 11:06 AM   #1
(female)

letsdance HB User
Question Need info, I had a leep and vaccines but could I get hpv from same partner?

Hello,
Since I started having paps, my results were always normal, until about a year ago I had an abnormal pap. It was ASCUS, so then they did a colopscopy, and then a leep which the leep declared level 3 severe dysplasia. They removed all the bad cells, and I had all 3 guardasil vaccines and now my paps are back to normal. However, for the past year and a half I have been sleeping with the same person that I'm 100 percent positive was the one that gave me the hpv virus. Now he is engaged to be my fiance, can he still give me that strain of hpv again? I'm not really understanding this whole hpv thing?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Need info, I had a leep and vaccines but could I get hpv from same partner?

I strongly suggest you read some of the information at the Center for Disease Control regarding HPV. It will help you better understand.

There is no real way to know for certain who exposed you to a strain of HPV, unless you had absolutely no sexual contact prior to your involvement with that person. Various forms of sexual foreplay can transmit HPV; any contact between any two of these can transmit HPV: vulva, vagina, cervix, penix, anus/rectum, mouth/throat.

Anyway, if you and your partner are monogamous, then you have both exposed each other to whatever strain(s) of HPV which each of you might have brought to the relationship. Once someone has HPV, it stays in the system. It may not always cause problems, but it is always there.

I hope that helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread