It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2009, 09:10 PM   #1
(male)

ScaredIIDeath HB User
Unhappy Newbie and no answers to lots questions please help!

So I was diagnosed with genital warts and have several questions that I just can't seem to find a straight answer to. I have asked my doctor these questions but they just didn't seem to satisfy my expectations so I figure why not ask more people. So I'm a young man and have HPV so now what do I do stop having sex completely? How long do I wait to have sex with another partner? Some sites say that your immune system fights off and flushes the virus out others say you have it for the rest of your life. Which is true? Some say that once you remove the warts you may no longer spread the virus some say you will. Which is true? If you go two years with out another outbreak are you cured some say yes and some say no. Which is true? I'm just so confused and don't want to spread the virus at all and really don't want to knowingly spread it like it was to me. If need be I will abstain for two years. I feel ashamed that I contracted genital warts and feel dirty because of it is there a way to feel better about this and cope with it. Has anyone had to tell a future partner they had it and how was it handled is it something that should be told in the beginning or do you wait till you both are already in love and risk hurting both of you? I understand that these are a lot of questions but I'm trying to be as moral about this as possible and the only way I know how to do this is by expanding my knowledge of this subject. This is so agonizing for me so please give me the straight answers and please if you don't know the facts and are unsure please don't answer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2009, 05:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Newbie and no answers to lots questions please help!

There are several reasons you haven't gotten a straight, precise answer to all of your questions. The number one reason is because research into HPV is fairly new; researchers have drawn different conclusions. I believe it is safest to go with the worst-case-scenario with what could happen That doesn't mean don't live life; it does mean be careful and more selective.

The second reason is because if someone has more than one partner in his/her life, then it is highly likely that he/she will be exposed to at least one (of 30) strain of HPV. The more partners, the more chances of having more strains of HPV. There is almost no way to track who gave whom what. HPV is the most common STD. Most people never know they have it, yet pass it along to future partners.

When it comes to "when do you tell?" I vote for before you have sexual contact. I would expect (from my self) that I would already trust that partner and was in love before becoming that intimate.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:48 PM   #3
(female)

sowrong HB User
Re: Newbie and no answers to lots questions please help!

well what I can say about the virus is I have been infected for over 10 years... what I have learned is yes you are infected for the rest of your life! I test every year and yes my pap smear is normal and I show no signs of the virus. However, my husband has gotten it from me. I feel terrible.. I told my husband before we married that I had it and he was fine with it! He asked will it kill me.. I said no and he said I dont care... The guilt I feel is unreal. Even though I told him he now has it.

Closed Thread