It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
(male)

cf25 HB User
my first HPV...need advice

I was diagnosed? with HPV yesterday. I did some reading and I know that genital warts means it is the low risk HPV.

I told my girl of 8months that i have HPV and have had it for a while. I noticed a wart about a year ago but never thought anything of it.Well,she has HPV too...and it is my fault.

We are have continuous arguments about this and I think this might just end our relationship.

I have no idea what to do or what to say or what to read about genital warts.I don't know what to say to her to make it easier. She has a right to be angry...i just want it to be better...

Any advice about HPV please and maybe some advice on setting my girls mind at ease.

Old 12-05-2009, 06:49 PM   #2
(female)

sarberrie HB Usersarberrie HB Usersarberrie HB Usersarberrie HB User
Re: my first HPV...need advice

go online together and do some reading/research. unless you are the first guy your girlfriend has been with, she has probably already been exposed to HPV before you. also, just because she now has HPV from you does not necessarily mean that she will develop warts.......her body may be able to keep the infection in check and she won't show any signs or symptoms. also, she can always call her gyno and talk to her about any questions or concerns.

Last edited by sarberrie; 12-05-2009 at 06:50 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
(female)

sowrong HB User

well Here is something to think about! no matter what happens you both have it and must deal with it... She needs to understand that its not your fault even if you saw you had them. Its a tough situation.

I wanted you to know that even if you got warts that it does not mean you have a low risk virus... I had gentle warts and I have a very serious strain.. what I didnt know is you have for the rest of your life. I thought once your body fights it its gone. well they now say thats not true.

So she has a right to be angry... Im sorry you are going through this... Has anyone asked you how your doing since this has happened to both of you???

I wish you the best!

Old 12-08-2009, 02:56 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

mltin HB User

Don't take it as though it is non important. HPV is term used to encompass over 100 different strains of the HPV virus. Some of these strains cause genital warts and some are known to cause cervical cancer.

The type of HPV that causes genital warts does not cause cancer and the cancer causing type does not cause genital warts. They are two separate strains of the virus.

Because both strains of HPV do not always cause symptoms, many people do not know they are infected with HPV.

Last edited by moderator2; 12-08-2009 at 02:59 PM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Old 12-09-2009, 03:39 PM   #5
(male)

cf25 HB User

thanks all for the replies...

sowrong...were did you get the info about it lasting all your life?

The thing that bothers me is that i don't understand the virus.Will i be getting warts for the rest of my life?

Myself and my girl did eventually talk about it and it's going easier now.I still feel ashamed that I gave it to her. Obviously i never meant too but it happened. I can't help to feel that i made her life complicated.

Socially it's getting to me too...when ever i get involved in any normal conversation i can't help feeling infected and that anybody finding out will think less of me.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

mltin HB User

I posted here before, never the less I will provide you with more information. HPV is an STD I guess you know what that means.

Human papilloma viruses (HPVs) selectively infect the epithelium of the skin and mucous membranes. These infections may be asymptomatic (without any problem), produce warts, or be associated with a variety of benign and malignant diseases. The incubation period of HPV disease is usually 3 to 4 months, with a range of 1 month to 2 years.

There are many different types of genital HPV.
Only certain types of HPV are linked with cervical cancer. These are usually called "high-risk" types.
The types of HPV that cause raised external genital warts are not linked with cancer. These are called "low-risk" types.
These wart-types of HPV are not usually found on a female's cervix, and therefore, are not going to carry any risk of cancer.
It is common for a person to be exposed and have more than one type of HPV, including several "high-risk" types. Cervical cancer in women is high risk.
Cervical cancer usually takes years to develop.
Most of the time, men will not have any symptoms or health risks such as cancer with the "high-risk" types of HPV. It is the female's cervix that needs to be monitored.

If both of you don't get medical treatment as soon as possible there can be an outbreak. Google HPV pictures so you will see them for yourself.

Sorry I did not provide full information before but I did not wish to scare you.

Regards

Last edited by mltin; 12-09-2009 at 07:01 PM. Reason: please do not post commercial websites for any reason

Old 12-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

No, you shouldn't have (or continue getting) genital warts for the rest of your life. You will just have the virus in your system. It is kind of like the virus that causes chicken pox. A child can become infected with chicken pox. She has pox outbreaks, then eventually the body heals the damage from the virus. The virus stays in her body, but the pox do not stay on her skin. Most of the time, the virus doesn't cause any future problems. It is possible, however, for the virus to "reactivate" (I don't know the medical term) and can cause shingles. It is the same virus.

Some researchers say that HPV can reactivate later. Some say that future outbreaks from HPV are actually caused by another strain of HPV.

The Center for Disease Control has a lot of good information about HPV.

I hope that helps.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:36 PM   #8
(female)

sosickofthis HB User

i believe you can get warts on your cervix. i had to use the 5fu chemotherapy cream vaginally for 7 days the get rid of them there. another question, could i have been exposed to the virus years ago and not tested positive or had a wart for say 3 years?

Old 01-25-2010, 03:42 PM   #9
(female)

littlemissie HB User

i have just been told i have hpv i dont know alot about it but hpv can be treated and is not always serious the best thing i could suggest is make an appointment with your gp or someone who can give you information on it and get your girlfriend to go with you talkin to a doctor about it might clear alot of things up for her and help her to understand it better sorry i am not much help but i dont really no much about it myself yet

Closed Thread