It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #1
(female)

sowrong HB User
so many years ago

I have just found out that I will have the virus for the rest of my life. I was told over 10 years ago that I didn't have to worry about it that my body would fight it off and I would be fine.

Well it turns out that I still have it I guess. Although I have had nothing for the past 10 years im still infected.

Im so depressed and dont know what to do now that I have to tell my partners I have this..

How and when do you tell them. How do you go about it. I to want a love life but as it seems that may never be possible.

Where and what do we do...? I just wonder how many people I have given it to and now realizing it. Its hard to deal with. I feel so much regret.. I cant take it back. I want to so bad....

How do we deal with this. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Old 12-09-2009, 08:24 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

LilyL21 HB UserLilyL21 HB UserLilyL21 HB User
Re: so many years ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowrong View Post
I have just found out that I will have the virus for the rest of my life. I was told over 10 years ago that I didn't have to worry about it that my body would fight it off and I would be fine.
Actually, the answer from 10 years ago may have been correct. With a couple of years, HPV is usually reduced to indetectable levels. Is it really gone? No one knows for sure.

Honestly, I wouldn't go back and tell anyone anything. It's just not worth it. You will just upset them for no reason. Most people get HPV at some point and most never know it and happily live their lives in ignorance. And what will they do about it then? Get tested? They can't. Get treatment? Well they really only need treatment if they've had issues. Telling them is going to accomplish pretty much nothing except causing a whole bunch of stress for them and you.

As for future partners, you could always just tell them that you had HPV a long time ago and that you might be still contagious. Tell them how common it is and that they probably already have (had) it. You could also ask them whether they've been vaccinated against it, and have them get vaccinated it they haven't been already.

Or you could just not say anything. I know many people disagree with me on this, but if it's been 10 years with no more HPV issues . . . I'm thinking the chances of you being contagious are seriously low. Did you ever have a wart on you hand or foot or something as kid? All warts are caused by HPV. Are you still contagious for that? I doubt it. Anyway, after 10 years with no HPV issues, you are probably as likely to pass on HPV as someone who has never been diagnosed with it. You are risking a new HPV infection every time you have sex as much as your partners are.

I guess it's totally up to you what you do. But with no way to determine whether someone is contagious for HPV and no way to protect yourself from it . . . it just seems to me like HPV is s risk everyone must take if they want to have sex ever.

Good luck.

Last edited by LilyL21; 12-10-2009 at 07:01 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread