It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2009, 08:54 PM   #1
(female)

IWGB1805 HB User
Waiting and worried....

Hi all,

I was diagnosed with high risk HPV in March of this year. I get paps every three months. Three months ago I had a scare because they told me there were low-grade cell changes (when I was first diagnosed, they told me I had HPV but my cells were normal). They had to do a colposcopy again, and they told me my cells were actually normal, but they only appeared abnormal because I had a yeast infection. I just went for my latest pap, and I again told my doc I felt as though I had symptoms of a yeast infection. I'm worried that the infection may alter the results again, and I'll need yet another colposcopy. The doctor told me they won't, but I don't know what to believe. Everytime I go for a pap or to get results, someone different is treating me. It's ridiculous. And this latest physician's asst who did my pap made it seem like HPV is not a big deal. She dismissed my worries, because I guess I was asking a lot of questions. I just am terrified i'll get bad news when I get my results. I know I should think positive, but I'm just worried. I get my results Dec 30 and I know I'll be on pins and needles until then. This HPV diagnosis has really scared me and I feel like I have no one to talk to. I know HPV is common, but I feel alone.

I just hope it'll all be ok. Thanks for reading.

Mari

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2009, 09:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Waiting and worried....

You can always call the doctor's office to ask if the results are in after about 5 working day. They usually have the results then. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread