It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2009, 07:44 AM   #1
(female)

Flower72 HB User
How is it possible??!!!

Please tell me, how is it possible that I can have genital warts and I have been faithfull to my husband for 19 years and I have absolutely no doubt that my husband has been just as faithfull to me?!! He did have a wart growing on his leg that got bigger and bigger and he was always picking on it and fiddeling with it, he had it burnt off about a month ago. Is there any connection?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2009, 08:35 AM   #2
(female)

Flower72 HB User
Re: How is it possible??!!!

I feel so violated!! I have been this good wife and so has my husband, for all these years!! And now I must tell him I have a STD!! How am I going to do that?!! How can people say the best remedy is to abstain!! We are 2 happily married people who have been faithfull to each other for years and now what have we to look forward too?!! No sex, no kissing and no oral sex just incase he get warts in his mouth!!??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2009, 08:48 AM   #3
(female)

sarberrie HB Usersarberrie HB Usersarberrie HB Usersarberrie HB User

warts can show up years after coming in contact with the HPV that causes them. Did you or your husband have partners before meeting each other? It's possible one of you picked it up before you began dating each other and then passed the virus to each other. A wart can be showing up now for any one of several reasons. Have you been stressed? Sick? anything that can cause a disrupt in your immune system can cause the warts to show up. Until your wart has been treated and is gone, yes you should avoid having sex and he should not perform oral sex on you because since there is a wart the virus is active and he could get warts in his mouth (but research shows that there is a minor chance of warts being transmitted through oral sex. it does happen, but it's rare). I don't see any reason to avoid kissing, you have already shared the virus with each other. Once your wart is gone, it's safe to resume your normal sexual activities, and i'm sure your doctor will reassure you of this as well.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:29 AM   #4
(female)

Flower72 HB User

Thank you Sarberrie for your response. I am just so scared to tell my husband, what if he thinks I have been unfaithfull!! This HPV thing is all new to me, never heard of it up until a few days ago. I have quite a few little warts all next to each other. When they were still very small, like 1/2 the size of a pin head I was at my Gyny for my Pap test and asked him to check them out. When he was finished with the Pap he said he didn't see any bumps, he said it could be from my thrush that I seem to be plagued with and that the bumps should go away. But they never, just seemed to get bigger and bigger! Do you think that just maybe I could have got these warts from the one my husband had on his leg that he always scratched and fiddeled with?

Old 12-15-2009, 09:37 AM   #5
(female)

Flower72 HB User

Hi Sarberrie, sorry didn't answer your questions! Yes my husband and I had been sexually active when we met all those years ago and yes I have been stressed out lately. I am generally one of those people that stress for all sorts of things, more so lately, family stuff involving my Mother, Sister, my son who seems to be a very bad A.D.D.'er!!

Old 12-15-2009, 10:14 AM   #6
(female)

well if you do some HPV reading, the strain that causes warts to appear on other parts of the body (hands, feet, etc) is not the same strain that causes genital warts. So, if your bumps are genital warts it is unlikely that they came from the wart on your husbands leg. My advice is to make another appointment with you gyn, and possibly bring your husband along. Tell your husband that you have some bumps in your genital area that you want to get checked out and would he be willing to come to the appointment with you. That way, if they are genital warts your gyn can explain to both of you about how the disease is transmitted, that it can live in your skin for years before a wart develops and that just because you have them now, does not mean either party has been unfaithful, etc. your doctor can then answer any questions the both of you may have.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:16 AM   #7
(female)

also this is off topic, but i see you are from south africa. I spent 2wks in cape town in July and absolutely loved it!!!

Old 12-16-2009, 05:25 AM   #8
(female)

Flower72 HB User

Hi Sarberrie, Cape Town is an absolutely awsome place, there is something about that mountain, could live there just to see it everyday!!

Thanx for the advice above. I have actually read quite a bit about hpv, and I was actually quite surprised and how different some of the info is!! There was this one article I read that said something about a new study that was done in 2006 said that you could get hpv from using a dirty towel and that some new evidence has shown that you can get hpv from certain strains that cause normal warts!! But these types of articles were very few and far between!! (They weren't written by any doctors). Articles like that are all you need to get your hopes up!! I need to tell my husband really soon because I know I am not going to be able to get an appointment with my Gyny
straight away, he is always so booked up! How do I go about telling him without using the words warts and STD, and how to tell him that it's contagious and that we can't have sex or oral sex for possibly a few months!!!!!!!! And another question for me, will he get warts because I have?!!!

Old 12-16-2009, 08:14 AM   #9
(female)

Flower72 HB User

Hi Sarberrie, please tell me what is the difference between high rish hpv and low risk hpv?

Closed Thread