It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2009, 04:30 PM   #1
(female)

kachstsi HB User
Question HPV and Condoms

Hello,
I have been dating my boyfriend for several months and we are exclusive, committed, and happy. Before our relationship turned sexual, I disclosed that I had HPV. About 2.5 years before I met him, I had a few warts and abnormal paps (2 colposcopies). Warts were treated and have not returned, and paps are back to normal. However, due to this we decided to use condoms. I know for men sex isn't as pleasurable with condoms, and I love him and want him to enjoy sex as much as possible. Plus, not having that "barrier" between us or the interruption when putting one on obviously makes the experience much more romantic. When will it be ok to stop using them? Will he always be at risk with me? Is there anything I can say/do to make him more comfortable with forgoing the rubber?

I am on birth control pills so the condoms aren't for pregnancy prevention at all.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: HPV and Condoms

HPV is transmitted by skin to skin contact. Condoms do not cover all skin. For that reason, he has already been exposed to the strains of HPV you had prior to sexual encounters with him. In the same line of thinking, you have been exposed to any and all strains of HPV he brought to the relationship (assuming he had some sort of sexual encounter prior to his relationship with you).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread