It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2010, 06:18 PM   #1
(female)

reallyworried12 HB User
bumps, itch, very scared please help?!

Iíve had these two small bumps Ė one just on the outside of my vagina on the area if pinkish skin surrounding the labia, and one on the inside of my vagina Ė for as far as I can remember. The problem is, Iím not exactly sure how far back Ė whether or not they were there before I became sexually active, or if they appeared in my teenage years. In my memory Iím almost positive that theyíve been there for a while, as I often touched my vagina and felt them there and felt as though they were a normal part of me Ė I never even thought about genital warts , and I always assumed they were just natural vaginal lumps or skin tags.

Whatís concerning is this Ė Lately, I have an occasional vaginal itch on the inside, and never the outside, of my vagina. Lately, it has become worse because I have been pulling and tugging at my vaginal skin in order to examine myself and place a mirror beneath me to see inside my vagina. I keep hoping I can attribute the itch to this, but I recall feeling occasionally itchy before I began the self-examinations. The itch is not awful but is definetly present. Now that Iíve been crazy-worried about these bumps, Iím scared that this could be the cause of the itch. However, itís also important for me to mention that I have never been tested, so the itch could perhaps be attributed to something else altogether, ( like chlaymydia?)

The bumps look like very small, roundish bumps, one is flesh colored while the other seems to be more on the white side. They dont appear to be particularily warty at all, they look nothing like genital warts I've seen on the internet, but I've learned that those are mostly very severe cases and that most early genital warts look nothing like the photos. So I suppose my questions are as follows ..

If I've had these bumps for as long as I can remember, ( or at least a few years ) what are the likeleyness that they are genital warts if they haven't grown in size or multiplied?

Would they have gotten far more severe by now, or can genital warts stay the same ( and not tend to multiply ) for long periods of time?

Also, I find that I touch my vagina very often .. if these were infact genital warts, would they have spread and multiplied to other places by now?

Iím very worried. It is Saturday night, and I cannot see my doctor, nor visit a sex clinic, untill things open on Monday. I canít stop looking at genital warts picture, at my vagina, and Iím terrified. This has all happened rather quickly over the last few days Ė I was never worried about the lumps untill I began looking up genital warts on the internet, and felt the itch return. Any help in answering any of the above questions would be appreciated. Thanks a million.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2010, 10:18 PM   #2
(female)

reallyworried12 HB User
Re: bumps, itch, very scared please help?!

good god .. i hope the reason no one is answerin isnt because no one wants to tell me ive got them .. im sooooooo scared!! Is there such thing as natural vaginal lumps that are harmless? I would appreciate anyones help. =(

Old 01-02-2010, 11:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

It could be any number of things.

After reading both of your threads I am curious (though you don't have to tell me) why you suddenly became concerned about these bumps.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Will you be calling your doctor's office tomorrow morning?

Old 01-03-2010, 11:18 PM   #5
(female)

reallyworried12 HB User

Oh definetly yes .

Old 01-04-2010, 10:34 PM   #6
(female)

jenikat HB User

I'm sure you have talked 2 the doctor already,but I just thought i'd give my 2 cents. I had a similar situation a few months ago, on the outer skin (vulva) they just popped up over the course of a few days and were itchy. Naturally I freaked out, I had not been sexually active in 2 years, so I had no idea what it could be. Turns out it was VIN, most likely caused by an undiagnosed HPV. I had multiple bumps appear and was diagnosed VIN 3, carcinoma in situ, which is basically stage 0 vulvar cancer. To make a long story short, I had laser surgery to get rid of the VIN, recovered and have been fine since. I still examine myself religously though, cus my gyno/onco said they have a tendency to reappear. Good luck 2 you, and hope everything turns out well!

Old 01-04-2010, 10:37 PM   #7
(female)

reallyworried12 HB User

thanks sooo much, the doctor said they were nothing to worry about, she really checked it out, im not a huge fan of that metal clamp ...
now i just have to wait on the results for everything else .. hate this part!

Old 01-05-2010, 09:30 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Did she say they were bumps or just normal flesh?

Old 01-06-2010, 07:13 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

babsie HB User

I have genital warts and mine look nothing like the pics on the internet either. those pics are the worst of the worst cases and i have never experienced itching w my genital warts

Old 01-07-2010, 10:51 AM   #10
(female)

jenikat HB User

Did the doc, do a biopsy? I'm only asking cus my doctor thought they were nothing too, actually thought they were moles, but I pressed her to be thorough because I know moles don't usually itch. Sure enough, she was surprised when the results came back as VINIII, as it's not very well known. I don't wanna scare u, just make sure u are satisfied with your treatment. A lot of docs like to brush things off when they are unfamilar. Good luck, and I hope it really is nothing

Closed Thread