It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2010, 03:31 PM   #1
(female)

sowrong HB User
hpv and a life long std

Well I justed want to update few people on hpv...

I was diagnosed with hpv over 10 years ago. I have been tested for it since. I havent had a break out of warts in that time. I still have not.. knock on wood. I even test negative for hpv. However, I met my husband years later. I believe he was clean when we met. I told him I had it. He was okay with it as long as it didnt kill him.. So we move forward and about 3 or 4 years into our marriage he breaks out and has a few warts on his thing...

So my point to this this story is you will always have it! It is important to tell others so they dont have to deal with what you have been through and experience it them selves for we all know its not easy. Its worse for some than others. I had it rough in the beginning.... But Im okay today..

So the next time someone asks should I tell my partner... well if the tables were turned and it was you that did not have it would you want to know first! Consider that when making another decision when it comes to hpv....

Old 01-20-2010, 08:05 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

LilyL21 HB UserLilyL21 HB UserLilyL21 HB User
Re: hpv and a life long std

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowrong View Post
So my point to this this story is you will always have it! It is important to tell others so they dont have to deal with what you have been through and experience it them selves for we all know its not easy.
It's definitely true that some people have it forever. What no one is sure of is whether this is true for everyone. I highly suspect it's not since that doesn't seem to be the case for the non-genital forms of HPV. The problem is there is no way to tell when exactly you are contagious and when you aren't.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread