It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
(female)

missbella HB User
Question seriously lost please help

i just got back from planned parenthood and had an exam because i noticed a wart like bump above my vagina in the pubic area. the doctor told me that it didnt look like genital warts but looks like a common wart like you would get on your hands and feet & that it was on the skin not on my genitals. i've gotten regular warts on my hands etc. since i was in my teens and its never been an issue i always just used over the counter products to get rid of them but it is possible that i might have spread it to that area by shaving. im still feeling a bit unsure about this should i trust her word that its just a simple common wart because its not actually on my genitals & she said it appears to NOT look like genital warts. she did use the liquid stuff to kill it and im soposed to go back in a few days to do it again. she told me once the wart has gone away i have nothing to worry about except that it may return and i will have to remove it again, but if i have sex once the wart is gone is it safe to have sex without a condom with my partner? im so confused please help

Old 01-23-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: seriously lost please help

I cannot answer your question regarding warts, however, you should always use a condom to prevent getting diseases.

Always protect yourself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2010, 09:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Re: seriously lost please help

Condoms only protect what they cover.

Also, even if the wart is gone, it does not guarantee the virus that caused it is gone. You should let your partner know you have a (non-genital) wart that he could catch - on some part of his body.

It probably isn't a genital warts because those particular strains like the slightly different growing environment that the genitals provide (the way plantars warts only like to grow in the soles of the foot).

Closed Thread